Dr. Anupam Varma is currently handling the responsibilities of Deputy Director and Dean (Academics) at BIMTECH. His teaching and research interests are mainly in the area of International Business. In Academics, he has now spent over 15 years out of which 10 years have been with BIMTECH. Prior to taking up responsibility as Dean (Academics), he was also Chairperson of the Centre for International Business & Policy at BIMTECH. He played an important role in establishing and nurturing this Centre which now is a key academic centre at the Institute.
He is having a Doctorate degree from the University of Allahabad. A recipient of UGC Senior Research Fellowship, he is also a Fellow of the Indian Society of Agricultural Chemists and has been given the award of ‘Distinguished Scientist’ by this Society.
Dr. Anupam Varma has worked with leading Public Sector and Private Sector companies like The State Trading Corporation of India, Birla International Marketing Corporation (Grasim Industries) and J.K. International (J.K.Industries) in India and abroad for 30 years at senior levels and Chief Executive level.
- Ph.D.,Business Management,Agra University,1984
- Masters, M.Com,Agra University,1976
- Bachelors, B.Com,Agra University,1974
- Rural & Social Marketing
- CSR & Sustainability
- Leadership & Governance in Higher Education
- More than 30 research papers, articles and reports published in national journals and magazines
- Multinational, Drugs Industry & Social Responsibility Commonwealth Publication 1990
- Indian Insurance Report, Allied Publishers, 2003
- WTO, Intellectual Property Rights and Branding, Har Anand, 2007
- Dynamics of Underdevelopment of Uttar Pradesh, Bloomsbury 2012
- Director,Birla Institute of Management Technology Greater Noida,1999-till date
- Director,All India Council for Technical Education,1998-1999
- Deputy Director,All India Council for Technical Education,1995-1998
- Reader,RBS College,Agra University,Agra,1977-1995
- Lecturer,Sahu Jain College,Bijnore,1996-97
Other Professional Experience
- Initiated Vision building for the Birla Institute of Management Technology in 2001, 2006 and 2011.
- Set up two state-of-the-art residential Campuses at Greater Noida (2004) and Bhubaneswar (2013).
- Founder Member, Trustee and Alternate President of the Education Promotion Society for India (EPSI), a National network of Private Sector Education Institutions established in 2005 with a vision similar to NASSCOM.
- Founder President, Alumni Association of Agra University (AAAU), a global alumni network of the erstwhile Agra University.
- Founder President, Ranganathan Society for Social Welfare & Library Development, an NGO run by BIMTECH.
- Chaired more than 25 National and International Conferences as theme speaker in India and abroad.
- Presented Papers in National and International conferences in India.
- Often quoted by print and electronic media on socio-economic issues particularly on education.
- Interviewed by National and Local Magazines and New Papers on various issues on Economy of India and Education.-