Center: Center for Business Management
|Ph.D.||D. Phil from Allahabad University, 1973|
|Bachelors||B. Sc. from Allahabad University, First Division, 1966|
- Higher Management Education
- Profit Maximization & Straddling
- Lean Systems & Growth Strategies
- Developing management cases
- Vijayvargiya, A. & Dey, A. K. 2010. An analytical approach for selection of a logistics provider. Management Decision Vol. 48 No. 3, pp. 403-418
- Agarwal, S. & Dey, A. K. 2010. Perception Mapping of Travelers: Case of Six Indian Domestic Airlines. American Journal of Economics and Business Administration 2 (2): 141-146, ISSN 1945-5488
- Saxena, K. & Dey, A. K. 2010. Treks’n Rapids: Identifying Motivational Factors for Adventure Sports. American Journal of Economics and Business Administration 2 (2): 172-178, 2010, ISSN 1945-5488
- Dey A. K. 2008. Developing Strategic fit: Teaching models and types of Indian management institutes. Business Perspective Vol. 10, Jan – Jun: 1 – 12
- Dey A. K. 2007. Profit maximization. Business Perspective Vol.9, Jan – June: 41 – 49
- Dey A. K. 2007. A Lean approach to Improve Course Curriculum of MBA. Business Perspective Vol. 9, July – Dec: 109 – 128
Since 1990 Dr. Dey has been teaching at many management institutes. His subjects of interest are: Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Research Methodology, Operations Research, Simulation & Modeling and Quantitative Techniques
Dr. Dey believes that this is an era of Supply Chain Management & Mass Customization. He has been constantly trying to upgrade the PGDBM course curricula for Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Planning & Control and Service Operations Management through a judicious mix of text, cases & research articles.
His interest for carrying further research lies in areas of Supply Chain Management, Lean Systems as applied to content development and delivery of higher management education & Growth Strategies.
Dr. Dey is also interested in developing management cases, he has published many papers and cases in reputed journals.
Dr. Dey has over thirty-six years of experience. For two decades he had served in Information Technology industry and for twelve years worked as an entrepreneur providing consultancy in marketing services to corporate organizations. He has been teaching management courses as visiting faculty since 1990 at many renowned management institutes. Since May 2004 Dr. Dey is a Professor at Birla Institute of Management Technology at Greater NOIDA.
For over two decades Dr. Dey has gained rich & varied experience while working with companies like SICO, DCM, BUSH, Hindustan Computers & Modi Olivetti all in Information Technology sector.
He had held following positions in different organizations
- General Manager
- Project Manager
- Market Planning Manager
- Product Manager
- Regional Manager
Hindustan Computers Ltd – (1976 – 1990)
- Turning around Eastern Region as Regional Manager
- Winning DCS contracts from Reliance & ONGC for Fisher Controls Systems
- Successfully negotiating agreement with Fisher Controls
- Implementing projects at National Aeronautical Lab, Bangalore, NAAI, Min of Home Affairs
- Launching new products
Modi Olivetti Ltd – (1990 – 1993)
- Establishing Indirect Channel to achieve about 50% of the total turnover of Computer hardware sales
- Planning & implementing promotion for the company
- Coordinating sales to Banking & Finance sector to achieve target
- Achieving targets of UNIX based, Publishing & CAD systems
After leaving Modi Olivetti in 1993 as General Manager, Dr. Dey has operated as an independent consultant in the area of Marketing Services for over twelve years. His clients are Compaq Computers, Crompton Greaves, NCAER, IDC India, Bridgestone, Stryker Corporation, HCL, NIIT and many other prestigious organizations.
Following is a partial list of clients and the assignments executed during 1993 – 2005 period
- Launch of air cleaners and air purifiers
- Competitive bench marking of manufacturing process of an industrial fan manufacturer
- Collecting market intelligence for fans & lights in north and west for continuously ten quarters
- Re-launch of Whisp’Air – an air circulator in Delhi
- Continuously for three years carried out quarterly business expectation survey in Mumbai & Delhi by collecting and analyzing views of top management in private and government sector organizations
- For nine quarters conducted demand estimation for Personal Computers, Software products and networking products in Mumbai & Delhi territories
- Conducted a dip-stick survey just before the launch of Compaq Workstation
- Compiled a detailed list of Compaq users in Delhi, Mumbai & Bangalore
- For over three and a half years conducted quarterly benchmarking studies with competitors like FedEx, TNT & UPS by collecting transit times of documents and parcels from field
- Helped in finding a distributor in India
- Prior to their launch in India conducted a survey to advise whether tires should be sold in packed condition or in unpacked condition
- Carried out a competitive benchmarking study for manufacturing processes of Bajaj Auto and Kinetic
- Conducted channel benchmarking study for Sybase against Oracle
Star Group of Industries and DNA, Mumbai has awarded Dr. Dey as Most Innovative Professor at a function held at Taj Land’s End, Mumbai on 6th Feb 2009.
Dr. Dey has conducted many training sessions, seminars and workshops. On Feb 11 – 12, 2007 he had conducted a professional training workshop in New Delhi on behalf of Marcus Evans. (www.marcusevans.com). The title of the workshop was “Effective Channel Management: Designing and managing channels to boost sales and profits”. (pdf file will be sent on request)
In 2009 again Marcus Evans had invited Dr. Dey to chair the proceedings of the second day of “Annual Supply Chain Management: Advancing supply chain to strategic value chain to pursue competitive advantage”, deliver a lecture on “Managing uncertainties in supply chain as a measure for safety inventory” during the opening session and moderate the final question answer session on day two. (pdf file will be sent on request)
Again in 2010 Marcus Evans had invited Dr. Dey as a speaker at the conference “Strategic Procurement & Sourcing: Elevating procurement to achieve strategic business growth while focusing on cost effective methods and increased efficiency to generaterevenue”. Held at Hotel Novotel, Juhu Beach, Mumbai on 13th & 14th May 2010.
As one of the four resource persons, Dr. Dey participated in an Advanced Research Methodology Workshop in the areas of Management & Commerce organized by Allana Institute of Management Sciences, Pune
As one of the resource persons Dr. Dey participated in a Faculty Development Program organized by Education Promotion Society for India on 21st to 23rd September 2009 at BIMTECH, Greater NOIDA.
Dr. Dey also conducted Operations Management workshops for Samsung sales team, IBM Daksh, CSC, Wipro BPO, Ensa Vikas (Supply Chain Management) and many others.
Dr. Dey was on the panel of reviewers for the annual meeting of the Academy of Management, August 7-11, 2009 – Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A , Theme: Green Management Matters. Along with other reviewers Dr. Dey shared the responsibility of reviewing papers for three areas: Business & Strategy, Operations Management and Management Education.
For Pearson Education, as one of the three members of Consultant Board, Dr. Dey has reviewed the book titled Supply Chain Management by Janat Shah firstpublished in 2009.
- Dey A. K. 2008. A Lean approach to Improve Course Curriculum of MBA Presented at National Conference on Changing Paradigms in Management Practices, Organized by Apeejay Institute of Management, New Delhi,
- Dey A. K. 2008. BIMTECH: A case of differentiated and lean approach to PGDM curriculum improvement. Presented at International Conference on Management Cases. Organized by Institute if Management Technology, Ghaziabad, India. December 1-2, 2008.
- Dey A. K. 2008. Straddle the market for profitable growth. Presented at Sixth AIMS International Conference on Management, New Delhi. Organized by AIMS International, USA. December 28 – 31, 2008.
- Dey A. K. 2008. Straddle the market for profitable growth. Accepted for publication in the conference proceedings and oral presentation in the IAMB 2009 Conference held at the Ambassador Hotel, New Orleans, Louisiana (USA) on January 28-30, 2009 (Did not attend)
- Dey A. K. 2008. A Differentiated and Lean Approach to MBA Curriculum Improvement. Accepted for publication in the conference proceedings and oral presentation in the IAMB 2009 Conference held at the Ambassador Hotel, New Orleans, Louisiana (USA) on January 28-30, 2009. (Did not attend)
- Dey A. K. 2009. Creating Differentiation in PGDM/MBA Curriculum. Presented at the ICMCI 2009, International Conference on Managing Creativity and Innovation Conference held at Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad, India on January 9-10, 2009.
- Dey A. K. 2009. Creating Differentiation in PGDM/MBA Curriculum. Accepted for poster session in the annual meeting of the Academy of Management, August 7-11, 2009 – Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A , Theme: Green Management Matters. (Did not attend)
- Dey, A. K. 2009. Spreadsheet Based Simulation and Modeling in a Business Management Curriculum. Presented at APORS 2009 conference organized by Jaipuria Institute of Management, Jaipur from 6th to 9th December
- Dey A. K. 2010. Mass Customization & Beyond – Application of Co-Creation and Postponement. Presented at the conference on Supply Chain organized by Inastitute of Management Education, Ghaziabad, UP on 26th March 2010.
- Mathangi, J., Chauhan, K., Gupta, J. and Dey, A. K. 2010. Organisational Culture: OCTAPACE profiling of BIMTECH. Presented at Third Global Forum on Emotional Intelligence and Leadership at TISS, Mumbai on 5th & 6th March (Won BEST PAPER Award)