Dr. Sahay’s teaching and research interests are in the area of Strategic Management including innovation, entrepreneurship, sustainability and CSR. He has been a turnaround manager, corporate entrepreneur, researcher, educator and an institution builder.
In his earlier assignment as Chairman & managing Director, SIL, he played the lead role not only in turnaround of the company but in creating new products and processes for national and international markets. He has served both corporate as well as academic institution boards.
He has advised leading companies in the area of ‘Corporate Strategy’ which included creation of their Vision, Mission and Values. He was the lead consultant in many projects sponsored by European Union, Govt. of India and corporates.
Dr. Sahay is recipient of best researcher’s award at management Development Institute. He has published in various journals of repute, in areas like strategy, Innovation, entrepreneurship, sustainability and CSR besides writing research, text & edited books in addition to teaching cases. He also writes popular articles in business press.
At BIMTECH, he aims to imbibe research culture and drive social change through social entrepreneurship.
|Ph.D.||Ph.D 1969 ,Technical University Brno, Czechoslovakia (Czech Republic now).|
|Masters||M.Sc. (Engg.)- 1967, Technical University Brno,Czechoslovakia|
|Bachelors||B.Sc. ( Mech.Engg.) 1962,Ranchi University|
|Any Other Degree||
- Strategic & Marketing Management
- Sustainaibility & Enveronmental Management
International Journals (Refereed)
- Sahay A.: Environmental policy and corporate environmental behaviour in India: social,
economic and legal aspects, Progress in Industrial Ecology, Vol.3, No.6, pp 559-573 (Received in April 2007,
Not claimed in 2006-07)
- Sahay A.: Perception of Pollution and Expectation from NTPC’s Talcher Sper Thermal Plant Journal: Progress in Industrial Ecology, (inderscience, UK) 2008, vol.5, No. 5/6, pp. 536-554.
- Sahay A. Bhattacharyya S,: A Toolkit for Designing firm Level Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives, Social Responsibility Journal, 2008, Vol. 4, Issue:3, pp: 265-282 Emerald Group Publishing, UK
- Sahay A.. Rahul,S, A Cluster initiative to Developing Tourism in India, Optimization, Journal of Research Management, July-December, 2008, vol.1, No. 2
- Sahay A. N. Pandey, Towards a New Paradigm of Sustainable Development, International Journal
of Environment and Development, June, 2008
- Sahay A. Meeta Dasgupta, Knowledge Management and Innovation, Innovation Management, McMillan, January, 2009
- Sahay A. Perception of Pollution and Exprctation from NTPC’s Talcher Super Thermal Plant Journal: Progress in Industrial Ecology, (inderscience, UK) 2008, vol.5, No. 5/6, pp. 536-554.
- Sahay, A, Kirkinen, Johanna (2009), Greenhouse Impact of Fossil, Forest Residues and Jatropha Diesel: A Static and Dynamic Assessment, Progress in Industrial Ecology – An International Journal, Vol. 6(2);pp. 185-205
- Sahay, A, Mishra, M (2010), Assessing Innovation Quotient of Indian Auto Component Manufacturers,
World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sust. Development, Vol. 6(1); pp. 113-124
- Sahay A, Som Sekhar, A.P. Arora, Abha Chaturvedi A Toolkit for Designing firm Level Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives, Social Responsibility Journal, 2008, Vol. 4, Issue:3, pp: 265-282
Emerald Group Publishing, UK
- Name of the co-author(s):Meeta Dasgupta Title of Article/Paper: Diffusion of Innovative Teaching Method : Case of The Heritage School, AsianCase Research Journal.
- Name of the co-author(s): Meeta Dasgupta Knowledge Management and Innovation, Innovation Management,
McMillan, January, 2009
National Journals (Refereed)
- Sahay A. Bhattacharyya S, Social Responsibility of Business Schools in India, ‘Management Dynamics,
Vol 7, No. 1, 2007.
- Sahay A. Bhattacharyya S, Firm financial management and Corporate Social Responsibility: A literature review of and perspectives for India, Journal of Social and Environment Policy, vol.4 No.2 (2007)
- Sahay A. Rahul S, Entrepreneurial Characteristics and Motivation – A Study of Entrepreneurs in the
National Capital Region (NCR), Efflugence, Vol. 5 (2), December, 2007
- Sahay A. Preeti Goyal Offshore Outsourcing of Business Processes: Understanding IPR Implications,
Metamorphosis, Vol. 6(2), July-December
- Sahay A. Euro IV Norms in India: Social Historical and Legal Background, Vikramshila Journal
of Social Sciences, Vol. 4 (1), January – June, 2007
- Sahay A. A Dwarf Gobbles up a Giant: Tata Steel acquires Corus! (Case with Teaching Note),
Pratibimba, Journal of Institute of Management and Information Science, January 2009
- Sahay A., The Black Shadow of Terrorism on Tourism, Rai Journal of Management, Vol. 6, Issue 2
- Sahay A.,Meeta Dasgupta The Role of Knowledge Management in Innovation, Journal of Information
and Knowledge Management, 8(4), 2009.
- Sahay A.: Demerge to Merge: The Case of Grasim), Pratibimba, Journal of Institute of Management
and Information Science, January- June, 2010
- Sahay A, Srivastava, V: Corporate Social Responsibility In Developing Countries. The Journal of Amity Business School, vol.4, No.2 pp. 27-38, July-December, 2009
- Name of the co-author(s): Veeresh Sharma Title of book: Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation
Excel Books, June 2008, ISBN: 978-81-7446-605-1
Chapters in the Book
- Sahay A: Organization: Structures, Frameworks, Reporting Business Management and Environmental
Stewardship, published by Palgrave Macmillan, Australia
- Sahay. A, Political Background and Overview, page 7-16, Doing Business with India, GMB Publishing Limited, London (UK) and Philadelphia (USA)
- Sahay A: Maruti Udyog Ltd: The Bumpy Road Ahead, Strategic Management, McGraw Hill, Azhar Kazmi
- Sahay, A. (2009) Philanthropy, CSR and Sustainability, Organizational communication and Sustainable
Development ICTs for Mobility, Anette Hallin and Tna Karrbom Gustavsson
- MDI Gurgaon – 8 years
- BIMTECH – 3 years
- Teaching & Research from Industry – 39 years
Other Professional Experience
- Steel & Heavy Industries – 10 years
- Textile Industry – 5 years
- Automobile Industry – 25 years
- SME, European Union
- Sevices Industry, MSME
- Programme Evalution, MSME
- Plant Assessment, Steel Ministry