|Ph.D.||In Management (in Health Insurance) from University of Pune|
|Masters||MBA from BIT, Mesra.|
|Bachelors||B.Com, St. Xavier’s College, Ranchi|
|Any other Professional Qualifications||
- Health Insurance and Healthcare
- Automobile insurance and on various general insurance areas.
- Consumer Behaviour
- Service Marketing
Undertaken a research project on ‘A Study of impact of Generics Drugs in reducing Healthcare Costs in India’ ICICI Lombard General Insurance since Jan.2016 as Primary Investigator.
- Undertaken a research project on ‘Life Insurance – Awareness as a catalyst to penetrate the Rural Population’ with SUD Life Insurance Co.Ltd since May 2016 as Primary Investigator.
- Health Insurance in India a review – a book published by Insurance times November 2009
- Health Insurance- Is it on right trajectory? ISBN NO – 978-81-910342-0-2
- Health Insurance Marketing- whose health is it serving? ISBN NO – 978-81-910342-0-2
Books co-authored – General Insurance Year Book
- Terrorism risk –How to deal with the growing demand?
Books – Co –authored three books on Health Insurance published by Insurance Institute of India
- Basics of Health Insurance –IC 35
- Health Insurance Claims Management – IC 36
- Health Insurance Operation –IC 37
(a) Guide for Marine Insurance ISBN: 978-93-81489-33-8;
(b) Health Insurance MCQ Guide –ISBN ; 978-93-81489-35-2
(c) General Insurance MCQ Guide
- Headed Amity Business School, Amity University, Mumbai – 2015 -17
- Faculty at National Insurance Academy (NIA), Pune –between 29th March 2008 and 31st Oct.2013.
- Chairperson First Year PGDM for the academic year 2010-11 at National Insurance Academy, Pune
- Chairperson students’ welfare committee for two academic years’ i.e.2009-10 and 2010-11
- Member Academic Council, Amity University, Mumbai, Member University Research Council, Amity University, Mumbai.
- Member – Board of Studies, -Guru Nanak Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Member – IQAC, Amity University, Mumbai
- Chairperson Departmental Research Committee (DRC), Amity Business School, Amity University, Mumbai.
- Chairperson Student Research Committee (SRC) , Amity Business School, Amity University, Mumbai
- Chairperson Board of Studies –Amity Business School, Amity University, Mumbai
- Member Charter Insurance Institute, UK
- Visiting Faculty and Course coordinator of two week programme on Management in General Insurance Business i.e. MGIB (Health ,liability & Automobile) from 21.01.2013 to26.01.2013 at Indian Institute of Management (IIM) ,Indore.
- Visiting Faculty at National Insurance Academy, Pune in Marketing and General Insurance subjects like Health, liability since November, 2013.
- Visiting Faculty at Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai.
- Visiting Faculty at Department of Hospital Management for PGP students at Armed Force Medical College, (AFMC) Pune.
- Visiting Faculty in Marketing Management at Xavier Institute of Social Services (XISS), Ranchi in the prestigious Personnel Management and Information Management (IM) disciplines between 2000 and 2007.
- Visiting Faculty at Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Pune
- Visiting faculty at Pune University MBA Programme (PUMBA) since 2008
- Visiting Faculty at ILS Law College, Pune since 2008
Other Professional experience
Strategic planning experience – was part of Business Process Reengineering (BPR) exercise of OIC Ltd with globally respected consultant – The Boston Consulting Group (BCG).
Management Development Programme (MDP) initiatives
Successfully conducted around 75 MDP programmes in the area of Health Insurance, Liability insurance, Motor insurance, Retail Marketing, PR & Publication at NIA (National Insurance Academy) Pune, both in India and abroad.On an average engaged100 to 150 sessions in various MDP programmes in each year between 2008 and 2013 particularly in Strategic Marketing, Branding, Retail and Services Marketing, Health insurance marketing, Claims and Underwriting market, Motor and liability insurance products.
Conducted two day workshop for the senior executives of Cholamandalam General MS, one of the largest insurance companies of the country at their Chennai Head Office in 2013
In 2016, engaged sessions for the senior executives of National Insurance Co.Ltd on “Brand Value,
Conducted Overseas Programme on Basics of Insurance and Underwriting for Oman Insurance Company, Dubai at Dubai-
Conducted Programme on Fire, Accident and Motor Insurance in for Professional Insurance Corporation of Zambia Ltd., Lusaka, Zambia (For Junior Executives) at Lusaka-
Conducted Programme on Fire, Accident and Motor Insurance for Professional Insurance Corporation of Zambia Ltd. in Lusaka, Zambia for Senior Executives at Lusaka-
Conducted Comprehensive Technical Programme in General Insurance for Nyala Insurance S.C… Ethiopia at Addis Ababa-
Conducted Programme on Health Claims Management for Allied Insurance Company of the Maldives Pvt. Ltd., Maldives at Male.
Awards and Academic Honours
Was awarded the first prize in a debate competition (written) by The Telegraph, the leading newspaper of Kolkata in 1986.
Was Invited by S.P .College, Pune to evaluate the Poster presentations of research scholars in Commerce and Law, MRP Research Projects in INNOVATION – 2015 under the aegis of University of Pune on 9th July, 2015.
- At’4th Insurers’ Conclave “Inclusive Insurance – Challenges and Road Ahead” on 11th Feb. 2017.
- At seminar on Audit of General Insurance on Saturday, 4th March, 2017- on “Health Insurance, Fraud & detection at Mumbai organized by Western India
- Regional Council of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
- At National Seminar on “Insurance Education in India: Challenges & Opportunities” conducted by Department of Studies in Commerce, Manasagangotri, Mysuru- University of Mysore on 11th July 2016
- At 16th Deshmukh Memorial Seminar on “Increasing Longevity –Opportunity For Annuity and Old Age Security held at National Insurance Academy, Pune on 16th January, 2015” Spoke on “Geriatric Health Care Needs and Products.•Moderator in workshop on Controlling Fraud and abuse in Health Insurance organised by Insurance Institute Of India at Mumbai on 23rd and 24th Feb.2012 at Mumbai.•Speaker at Health CAPE Seminar in the year 2011 &2012 respectively organised by the students of department of HMI, KEM Hospital Pune .•Speaker on “Job opportunity in Health insurance” at Hospicon Seminar 2012 conducted by Sancheti Healthcare Academy, Pune.
- Co-coordinator of seminar on Terrorism and Insurance Risk Management in 7th & 8th December, 2009 at NIA
- Co-coordinator in seminar on Health Care Insurance in 8-9 Jan 2009 ; 7- 8 Jan, 2010 and 27th &28th January 2011 conducted by NIA along with IAI (Institute of Actuaries conducted by NIA along with IAI (Institute of Actuaries of India)
- Co-coordinator in IAI –NIA seminar on Health and Care Insurance on 27 th and 28th January,2011 conducted by NIA along with IAI (Institute of Actuaries of India)
- Workshop Coordinator- Workshop on Health (Implementation on Industry Working Group Recommendations-FICCI) on 16th & 17th December 2010
- Obscure Policy wordings: Hampering the growth of Health Insurance as a product In India”; ISSN: 2349-5677 -Volume 1, Issue 10, March 2015 – Impact factor -2.898; International Journal of Business Quantitative Economics and Applied Management Research.
- “Mitigating India’s Healthcare woes –Delivering Universal Health through Insurance” ISSN: 2349-5677 Volume 2, Issue 2, July 2015- Impact factor -2.898; International Journal of Business Quantitative Economics and Applied Management Research
- ‘An Equitable, Inclusive and a Fair Health System –A Far Cry at the Moment’ in Nov.2016 in VOL.XXXVI-NO.11 –ISSN-0971-4480;The Insurance Times.
- ‘India’s tryst with Universal Health Coverage’- in Dec.2016 in VOL.XXXVI-NO.12 –ISSN-0971-4480;The Insurance Times.
- ‘A Critical Appreciation of Risks and Costs associated with Healthcare Needs of Ageing Population In India – A Health Insurance Perspective’- ISBN 978818011 2140 ; July 2016 by Amity School of Insurance ,Banking & Actuarial Science ,(ASIBAS) International Conference Research Papers on Risk Management in Insurance and Banking issues, Opportunities & Challenge.
- “An Assessment of Geriatric Care Needs and Product Solution in India” ISSN -0974-0791; Volume15 Issue 2, July, 2015; Bima Quest-NIA Pune, publication.
- Issues and challenges in Health Insurance (was also the theme editor for this health issue)-Prartakak –NIA Journal ,Taxman
- “Popularizing Health Insurance through Social Marketing in India” in July ,2015 – VOl.-XXXV NO.07 ISSN -0971-4480; The Insurance Times,
- ‘Mapping the Potential Of Health Insurance in Rural Market” along with Dr. Saroj Hiremath, Associate Professor, S.P.College, Pune in Insurance Times, XXXIII NO.03 March 2013 ISSN-0971; The Insurance Times
- ‘ Exploring the Potential Of Health Insurance in Rural Market” in The Insurance Times, VOL.XXXIII NO.08 August 2013 ISSN-0971-4480; The Insurance Times, “The Changing Face of Customer”- Feb. 2007; ISSN-0971/4480; Insurance Times,
- “Analysis of Tort and its application in liability insurance”; In Bima Quest ISSN -0974-0791( July 2008)
- “In search of an identity” –2008 : ISSN-0971/4480; The Insurance Times,
- Customer delivered value – A key to success” January 2005;ISSN-0971/448 ; The Insurance Times,
- “Customer delight – A myth or reality” December 2005 ISSN-0971/4480 ;The Insurance Times,
- Technically speaking – liability insurance July 2009; ISSN-0971/4480 ; The Insurance Times,
- “Logical way to Penetrate the Rural Health Insurance Market” vol. XV.No.12 March 2013 ISSN-0972-0650 ; in PR Communication Age “Reaching Health Insurance customers through Segmentation” -ISSN 2229-5232 in 2012 ; Manthan, the research journal of Institute of Management & Career Course, Pune
- “Presented paper Sustainable Healthcare through Primary healthcare and alternative medicine”-at Interdisciplinary National Conference 2016 on Green Technology & Sustainable Development: Indigenous Practices- on 27th February ,2016
- Presented paper on ” Universal Health- Is it A Distant Dream or A Reality Coming True- at International Seminar on General Insurance : Emerging Issues jointly organized by Department Of Commerce ,University of Calcutta and Indian Insurance Society , Kolkata on 2nd March 2013”