Deputy Director and Dean (Academics)
Dr. Anupam Varma is currently handling the responsibilities of Deputy Director and Dean (Academics) at BIMTECH. His teaching and research interests are mainly in the area of International Business. In Academics, he has now spent over 15 years out of which 10 years have been with BIMTECH. Prior to taking up responsibility as Dean (Academics), he was also Chairperson of the Centre for International Business & Policy at BIMTECH. He played an important role in establishing and nurturing this Centre which now is a key academic centre at the Institute.
He is having a Doctorate degree from the University of Allahabad. A recipient of UGC Senior Research Fellowship, he is also a Fellow of the Indian Society of Agricultural Chemists and has been given the award of ‘Distinguished Scientist’ by this Society.
Dr. Anupam Varma has worked with leading Public Sector and Private Sector companies like The State Trading Corporation of India, Birla International Marketing Corporation (Grasim Industries) and J.K. International (J.K.Industries) in India and abroad for 30 years at senior levels and Chief Executive level.
|Any Other Degree||Indian Society of Agricultural ChemistsRecipient of ‘Scientist of Eminence’ Award in 1997 by ISAC|
- International Business
- International Trading
- Have officially represented Government of India several times in International Coffee Organization (A Unit of United Nations) meetings held in London for negotiation of India’s quota.
- Have been conducting MDPs for executives of public and private sector in international trading areas
- Have been guiding by way of consultation some of the international trading houses in their trading operations.
- Have organized and attended many national and international conferences/seminars in India and abroad and presented papers on various aspects of international business.
- Member of the ‘Opinion Makers’ delegation from India consisting of senior industry officials and academicians sponsored by Hyundai for visit to Korea in April 2009.
Achievements and Awards
- Chief Executive, JK International, New Delhi.
- Chief Executive, Anushubh Consulting, International Trade Consultants
- Vice President (International Marketing), Birla International Marketing Corporation, New Delhi.
- Vice President (International Marketing), Mohan Exports, New Delhi.
- Chief Marketing Manager, State Trading Corporation of India, New Delhi, Also Branch Manager, Bangalore and London Offices.
- Asstt. Divisional Manager, Shriram Chemical Industries, New Delhi.
- Visiting Faculty, IIFT and Other Reputed Management Institutions.