Dr. Ashwani Singh has joined BIMTECH as Assistant Professor Marketing. He has completed his FPM from IIM Bangalore where his research focussed on consumer judgment and decision making. Dr. Singh’s research interests lie in the area of consumer behaviour, with special focus on consumer cognition, numeracy, and decision making. He has presented papers relating to these areas in reputed international conferences.
Prior to pursuing doctoral studies, he worked in primary market research, where he managed qualitative and quantitative projects for some of the leading brands in the country. He has also served as consultant on projects involving primary research, data visualization, and behavioural assessment. He has also conducted training modules for analytics professionals focussing on research methodology and study design.
||FPM (Marketing) Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
||PGDC Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad
||BMS (Management Science) Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore
- Consumer Behaviour
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Cognition of Numbers
- Dual Processes
- Behavioural Model Development
• “A Dual Process Model of Impulse Purchase”. The 5th NASMEI Marketing Conference. Great Lakes Institute of Management, Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu, India, December, 2011.
• (with Rajneesh Krishna) “The effect of advertising clutter manipulation on brand recollection”. The 3rd NASMEI marketing conference, Great Lakes Institute of Management, Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu, India, December, 2009.
• (with K. Mukherjee) Seeing both Trees and the Forest Clearly: Cognitive Reflection Increases Sensitivity to Construal Level Effects. Manuscript under development, for submission to Journal of Consumer Research.
• (with K. Mukherjee) Conflict Resolution in Dual Process Thinking: An Integrated Model. Manuscript under development
• Development of a comprehensive psychometric framework to assess credit worthiness for an NBFC client.
• Consulted on the analytics product offering for visualization of primary research data for a durables client.
• Assistant Professor Marketing at Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore (Management Department)
Other Professional Experience
• Experience managing quantitative and qualitative market research, for clients across diverse industries like automobile, consumer durables, FMCG, retail, and media, as a market research professional with leading agencies like TNS and IMRB.