Prof.Dhruva Chak is an MA in Political Science from Lucknow University and a PGDBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, with 40 years of experience in Industry, Consultancy and Teaching. He has an excellent track record of nurturing start – ups and successfully launching consumer products and services which have stood the test of time He has held Top Management positions including CEO of the Hyderabad – based Gati Ltd. (a cargo major). Other positions held by him have included Country Head (Retail Vertical) and Regional Director with Tops Security. He has also held positions with Profit Centre responsibility as Assistant Vice President Sterling Resorts, General Manager Atlas Cycles and Zonal Manager, Shaw Wallace and Company as well as Zonal Manager, Best and Crompton Engineering Ltd.
He is presently Professor and Head of the Marketing and Business Communication Areas at the Birla Institute of Management Technology where he teaches Core Courses in Marketing and electives such as Services Marketing and Product and Brand Management to students in the PGDM flagship programme. His literary achievements include an award for poetry writing from the International Society of Poets,USA and 5 published books spanning fantasy, fiction, short stories and poetry
|Masters||Political Science (Lucknow University) 1972|
|Bachelors||BA(Arts) (Lucknow University) 1970|
|Any Other Degree||PGDBA ( IIM Ahmedabad) 1974. Specialization: Marketing & Personnel|
- Have taught Core Courses in Marketing and Business Communication as Visiting faculty, Western International University and IILM, New Delhi and have delivered guest lectures on Services Marketing at IMT Ghaziabad and Railway Staff College, Vadodara.
- Presently, Professor and Area Head (Marketing), BIMTECH, teaching Core Foundation courses in Marketing as well as Services Marketing to PGDM students.
- Have lectured at the MBA Programme of the University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield
Other Professional Experience
- Head, Gati Cargo Ltd.
- Regional Director and subsequently Country Head (Retail) with Tops Security
- Head All India Marketing and Head International Business, Overnite Express
- Assistant Vice President, Sterling Resorts
- General Manager, Atlas Cycles
- Company sponsored training programmes attended :
- CEO Management Styles (IIM Ahmedabad)
- 360 Degree Feedback (TV Rao Learning Systems)