Prof Himanshi Tiwari has done MBA with specialization in Human Resource Management & Industrial Relations, from University of Lucknow and cleared the coveted exam of UGC-NET in 2001. In the career span of more than a decade; she has worked as consultant for 02 years in social sector and handled monitoring & evaluation programs for WORLD BANK, Oxfam & Care India and has been a significant member of the team which prepared training modules for JFM (Joint Forest Management) project for Forest Department, Lucknow and planned a 10 days training program for CAPART Lucknow. During her early days as an academician she has been a visiting faculty with University of Lucknow, Lucknow.
Her specialization and research interests are International Aspects of Human Resource Management, Strategic HRM, Emotional Intelligence and Emotional Labour, Spiritual Intelligence and Dynamics of Organizational Change & Development. She has successfully completed a research project, under, BIMTECH Research Grant Scheme 2009 titled, Effect of Emotional Labor Profile of Employees on Service Quality and Customer Relationship in Selected Service Organizations.
Proving her credentials as an avid researcher Prof. Himanshi has presented papers in many National and International Conferences and Seminars. Some papers presented recently are; “Catch them young! Exploring Recruiters Expectations while Procuring Leaders for the Future”, presented at 18th NIRMA, International Conference on Management (NICOM 2015) and “The Idea of IDEA! A Case of Propagating Social Awareness & National Connect through Responsible Advertising” presented at GSCSR 2015 Global Summit jointly organized by IIM Raipur, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs IICA New Delhi and National School of Law, Pune.
Her recent publications include a commentary on the famous book, ‘Man’s Search for Meaning’ written by Victor E Frankl, which is published in the March 2015 issue of Indian Journal of Positive Psychology IJPP, a publication of Indian Association of Health Research & Welfare, and a research paper titled “Exploring Contribution of Spiritual and Emotional Intelligences (SI & EI) of young Management Graduates to responsible Business Leadership”, which is accepted for the August 2015 issue of Journal of Shinawatra University, Bangkok, Thailand.
Presently she is working as Assistant Professor (OB/HR area) at Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida, NCR and is a member of the Editorial Board of Business Perspectives (ISSN 0972-7612), A Bi-Annual Journal of the Institute.
|Any Other Degree||UGC(NET),2001|
- Risk Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Labour
- Human Capital Acquisition and Retention
- ‘Emotional Intelligence: A key Ingredient of Leadership’, published in Business Perspectives in Jan-June 08, Volume 10, No.1.
- Contributed a chapter in a book edited & published by IIM Ahemdabad named ‘Management Communication: Trends & Strategies.
- Sr. Lecturer (OB & HR) at Sherwood college of Management Lucknow.(Affiliated with UPTU, Lucknow) from Sep 1st 2003 to 30 Apr. 2007.
- Sub Editor of Management Today, A biannual, national Journal of Sherwood College of Lucknow.
- Lecturer (OB & HR) at Unity Degree College, Lucknow (Affiliated to University of Lucknow, Lucknow) from July 2001 to 30th Aug. 2003.
- Visiting Faculty of MHRM & IR Dept. University of Lucknow, Lucknow.
Other Professional Experience
- Worked as Consultant for World Bank, Oxfam & Care India for Monitoring & Evaluation of various Governmental Programmes.
- Prepared Training Modules for Forest department, Directorate of Adult Education, New Delhi. & Action Aid, Lucknow.
- Convened National Seminar on Trends & Innovations in Financial Products & Services at Sherwood college of Management on 7th April 2007.
- Organized National Seminar on ‘Changing Paradigms of HRM in the Knowledge Era & India Incorporated 2020: A Marketing Perspective” at Sherwood College of Management, Lucknow.
Achievements and Awards
- Paper tiled “Green Washing! In Apparel and Home Textile Industry: an Exploratory Research in the light of Marketing Innovation & Ethics”, for Technical Session III: Marketing Innovations and ethics, accepted for presentation in All India Commerce Conference of India Commerce Association at Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati University Ajmer from 10-12 Oct 2009.
- Attended a Short term Course on: “CROSS CULTURAL COMMUNICATION”. IIT Kharagpur17-19th July 2009.
- Presented a paper titled “SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: AN IMPOSSIBILITY THEOREM WITHOUT FOCUSING HUMAN CAPITAL” in AIMS 6, International conference organized by AIMS International at IBA Greater Noida in Dec 28-31, 2008.
- Paper “HUMAN CAPITAL AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT”, which was co-authored with Prof ML Pandit, has been reviewed and accepted for oral presentation at the 14th AISDRC conference in the Theme: Current Issues in Sustainable Development: General Questions in Sep 2008.
- Presented a case study “CONVERTING PROBLEMS INTO OPPORTUNITIES- A CASE STUDY OF INFOSYS” for Global Conference on Job & Wealth Creation Through Entrepreneurship conducted by MDI Gurgaon.
- Presented a paper “REINVENTING TO BECOME A DOMINANT PLAYER IN THE GLOBAL STEEL INDUSTRY”, at the Eleventh National Seminar organised by SRMSCET Bareilly on 24th & 25th Feb 2007.
- Paper “GENDER & ETHICAL ISSUE IN COMMUNICATION PROCESS – A STUDY OF GENDER DIVIDE IN CENTERS OF HIGHER EDUCATION IN INDIA IN THE LIGHT OF VISHAKHA GUIDELINES OF SUPREME COURT” accepted for presentation in the Sixth Asia Pacific ABC conference on Communication at IIM Ahemdabad.
- Paper “SPIRITUAL INTUITIVE & ETHICAL ASPECTS OF DECISION MAKING” presented in the ‘International Conference on Operations & Qualitative Management’ organised by AIMS International at Jaipur.
- Presented a case study, “COMPELLED BY CIRCUMSTANCES & PROPELLED TO SUCCESS- A CASE STUDY OF SUCCESSFUL WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS OF LUCKNOW” in National Seminar conducted by Department of Commerce, Lucknow University Lucknow on March 20, 2005.
- Attended a WORK SHOP by Dr. JAGDISH SHETH organized by DMA, on “Self Destructive Habits of Good companies” Participated in Faculty Development Programme by IBS Gurgaon on 5-7 May 2008.
- Attended a Workshop on ‘Employment Generation in Rural & Urban Slums’ conducted by department of Social Work & SSK Lucknow at JK Block, University of Lucknow.
- Attended a workshop for Training of Trainers (TOT) under Swashakti Project, Ministry of Youth Affairs.
- Participated in National Debate on the topic ‘Government Assistance is Essential for the Growth of participative Movement in India’ conducted by Participatory Learning Institute at Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
Work in Progress
- Documentation of HR Roundtable on “HR Imperatives for Global Competitiveness.” Conducted at BIMTECH.
- Sponsored research titled,’ Emotional Labour and Service Quality Study under BIMTECH RESEARCH GRANT.