Name: Jagdish Shettigar
Designation: Professor & Advisor
|Bachelors||B.A[Hons] in Economics,Bangalore University,1971|
- Policy related issues.
- International economic relations.
- Assessment of economic situation.
- Infrastructural sectors.
- R&D Efforts by Indian Industry.
- Energy Conservation and its Effects : Case Study of Indian Industry.
- Impact of Pollution Control Initiatives by Indian Industry.
- Professor in Economics at BIMTECH since Sept.2007.
- Advisor, Centre for Retail Management, Asia-Pacific Institute of Management,New Delhi [August 2006-Aug.2007]
- Visiting Professor in Economics[1996-2006]
- Lecturer in Economics, K.J.Somaiah College of Arts & Commerce , Mumbai [1978-79]
Other Professional Experience
- Senior Research Officer, Commerce Research Bureau, Mumbai [1979-80]
- Senior Economist, ASSOCHAM, New Delhi [1980-89]
- Director, Economic Research Foundation, FICCI, New Delhi [1989-91]
- Consultancy [1991-2006
- Member,Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council [1999-2004]
- Member, National Security Advisory Board [2000-2002]
- Director in Boards of Directors, MTNL and IREDA [2000-04]
- Member, Advisory Board, Khadi and Village Industries Commission [1998-2000]
- Trustee, New Mangalore Port Trust [2003-05]
- Member, MOU-Taskforce, Dept. Of Public Enterprises, Govt of India [2010-11]11.Member, Board of Governors, IIT-Madras.
- Economic Reform Agenda [ drafted by the Economic Advisory Council and submitted to the Prime Minister in 2001].