Prof. Krishna Akalamkam has over two decades of experience in industry, consulting and teaching. His main focus areas include marketing, marketing research and consumer behavior with a special focus on consumer online shopping behavior and digital marketing. He has worked with leading research agencies like AC Nielsen, Indian Market Research Bureau and Research International, a WPP group company. He handled a variety of assignments including communication research, new product development, brand health, usage and attitudes, pricing research, customer satisfaction measurement and worked with several clients from different industries. Some of the clients he has worked with include Nestle India Ltd., Hindustan Unilever, Reckitt Benckiser, Nokia, Radico Khaitan, Coca Cola, ICI Paints. He has written and presented papers at international conferences. He has also conducted MDPs for corporates and mentored entrepreneurs under Goldman Sachs “10,000 women entrepreneurs’ initiative”. Krishna has done his bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from University College of Engineering, Andhra University and MBA from Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi University.
|Ph.D||Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi|
|Masters||M.B.A, Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi|
|Bachelors||B.Tech (Chemical Engineering), Andhra University College of Engineering|
- Consumer Behavior
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Social Marketing
- Akalamkam, K. (2016). ”DesiFirangi: Building a Niche E-commerce Portal”. Case published by ‘Ivey Publishing. Case Reference no. 9B16A065, Teaching Note Reference no. 8B16A065.
- Akalamkam, K. (2011). Morpheus Brandy. Case published by ‘The Case Centre’ (formerly ECCH). Case Reference no. 511-066-1, Teaching Note Reference no. 511-066-8.
- Akalamkam, K. & Mohanta, S. (2013). The Case of Improved Biomass Stove. Case published by ‘The Case Centre’ (formerly ECCH). Case Reference no. 513-097-1, Teaching Note Reference no. 513-097-8.
- Akalamkam, K. (2015). Opinion Polls: Complexities and Errors. In Cases in Management (Strategy and General Management). New Delhi : Economic Times.
Articles Under Review
Akalamkam,K & Mitra, J.K. Consumer Pre-Purchase Search in Online Shopping: Role of Offline and Online Information Sources
- Akalamkam, K (2015). Addressing Tuberculosis Challenge in Rural India. In Sardana,G.D & Thatchenkery, T (Eds.), Understanding Work Experiences from Multiple Perspectives. (pp.256-261). New Delhi: Bloomsbury India.
- Akalamkam, K (2014). Ballot Wars: Decoding Opinion Polls in UP. In Sardana,G.D & Thatchenkery, T (Eds.), Organizational Transformation: Change Management Perspectives (pp.214-221). New Delhi: Bloomsbury India.
- Akalamkam, K. (2010). Prof. Ishwar Dayal as Philosopher. Dayal an Edupreneur a Festschrift, 107.
- Akalamkam, K (2013). “Social Marketing: Why Should The Devil Have All The Best Tunes”. Business Plus Markets, 2(1), 83-85.
- Opinion Polls, Complexities and Errors. Global Summit on Management Cases. December 12-13, 2014. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Raipur, India.
- Addressing Tuberculosis Challenge in Rural India. International Conference on Management Cases (ICMC), December 4-5, 2014. Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida, India.
- The Case of Improved Biomass Stove. The Case Centre Anniversary Conference, September 8-9, 2014, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore, India.
- Ballot Wars: Decoding Opinion Polls in UP. International Conference on Management Cases (ICMC), December 5-6, 2013. Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida, India.
Management Development Programs Conducted
- Executive Development on Digital Marketing. Jayshree Tea. April 20-24, 2015.
- Media Management, Brand Visibility and Crisis Management. Power Management Institute. August 20-22, 2014.
- Associate Professor, Indus World School of Business, Dec 2009 – May 2012.
- Associate Professor, Birla Institute of Management Technology, June 2014 onwards.
Other Professional Experience
- Senior Research Manager, Research International (a WPP group company), June’03 – Nov’2009
- Analysis Manager, AC Nielsen Research Services Ltd, Jul’01 – June’03
- Senior executive, Indian Market Research Bureau (IMRB), Nov.’95 – Jun’01
- Shift Engineer, Modi Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd., March’92 – Nov.’ 94