Professor and Chairperson, Centre for Management Development & Consultancy
Dr. Nayak is a post graduate and Ph. D in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations and MSW (Labour Welfare & HR) from Delhi University. He has over 26 years of work experience in institutions of repute such as Delhi University, IIHMR, XIMB, KIIT University, Amity University and I.T.S-Institute of Management as researcher, professor, institutional consultant and academic administrator in the role of Dean, Director (Academic) and Director of a few B-Schools. As a corporate trainer he has conducted over 170 training/MDPs, both in India and overseas, in the public and private sector. He has completed 23 consultancy projects and played key roles in establishing two rural hospitals. He has visited USA, Europe, Tanzania,and Oman for teaching, conducting training and as speaker or participant in conferences. He has published two books and several research papers besides his doctoral guidance to over dozen of scholars. He is a Life member of professional bodies like ISTD, ISTE, SSAI and SACH. He has received Elvina The Luke Award of Delhi University and doctoral fellowship from ICSSR, UGC’s Junior Research Fellowship
|Ph.D.||In Personnel Management & Industrial Relations, Utkal University, 1999|
|Bachelors||BA(Sociology Honours) from Ravenshaw College, Utkal University, 1986- First Class and ranked as one of the Best 10 students of Sociology Honours in Utkal University|
- Effectiveness of Women in Managerial Roles in Corporate Sector
- Human Resource Redundancy Management
- Effectiveness of Leadership styles in corporate
- Work-Life –Balance
- Public Sector Reform- Turn-around Management
- Effectiveness of Public –Private –Partnership Mechanism in Health Sector Management
- Case Studies on Creating Entrepreneurs out of Redundant Employees of Public Sector
Research & Consultancy
Doctoral Degree Awarded: Ph. D Degree awarded to:
- Mr. Arun Kumar Rath by KIIT University ,Bhubaneswar on the topic- “Towards Better Corporate Governance– Contributions of Independent Directors to Board Functions in Navaratna PSUs” under my guidance. He is currently a Professor at IMI, New Delhi, India.
- Ms. Archana Chaudury by KIIT University on the topic-“Turnaround Management in Rourkela Steel Plant- An HR perspective” under my guidance. She is currently Assistant Professor at BIMTECH, Bhubaneswar, India.
Research in Progress:
Following 8 scholars are continuing their research under my guidance:
1. Ms. Neeti- on the topic “Work –Life Balance of Faculty Members of Business Schools in NCR –Delhi”, Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur
2. Col. Krishan Gopal Puri on the topic “Corporate Culture and its impact on Human Resources in IT Industry in NCR” at Bhagwant University, Ajmer.
3. Mr.Tresphory Othumary Mgeni from Tanzania, “ Effective Leadership Styles in Small and Medium Enterprises in Tanzania”, Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur
4. Mr. Sangram Samantaray on the topic “e-Governance in Orissa- A changing perspective since 2003(with a special focus on its impact on the Human Resource System of Govt. of Orissa” at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
5. Ms. Kiran Prava Panigrahy on the topic “Management of Social Dimensions of Public Sector Restructuring in Orissa” at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
6. Mr. Jayant P.V. Sundaresan, Mohanlal Sukhadi. University, Udaipur- topic is yet to be finalized
7. Mr. Vivek Sharma, Mohanlal Sukhadi. University, Udaipur- topic is yet to be finalized
8. Desh Ratan, Mohanlal Sukhadi. University, Udaipur- topic is yet to be finalized,
9. Mr. Abhijit Lele, Fellow Programme in Management(FPM), BIMTECH, Topic: Learning Styles of Knowledge Workers in IT Companies in India: with special focus on IT Companies located in NCR.
- AICTE sponsored Research on Women in Corporate since August 2013 for 3 years
b) Consultancy Research:
- 23 consultancy research assignments sponsored by DFID (Govt. of U.K.), USAID, KFW(Germany), Interact Worldwide, London, Catholic Relief Services(CRS), UNDP (through APICOL),Govt. of India, National Rural Health Mission(NRHM), Orissa, GRIDCO & local NGOs related to power sector reform, public enterprise reform, health, drought situation, community needs assessment, PRIs, impact assessment of UNDP –Govt. of India supported development programs etc.
- International Research Guidance (2009): Guided four international interns under UNICEF-KCCI Internship Program 2009 to conduct a Case study on “Strengthening the capacity of the government and the flagship programs related to children in Orissa in planning & monitoring by establishing planning & monitoring (P&M) units”(June–August 2009).
- Ongoing: A study on “Effectiveness of Women in Managerial Roles in Corporate Sector in India”
c) Management Consultancy: Completed assignments worth of 12.5 Crores, as Team Leader/Director/Coordinator and Chief Consultant, specifically in the following areas:
- Competency Mapping and Individual Development Plan(IDP) for 72 Senior Executives(E6 & E7) in NTPC-SAIL Power Company Private Ltd (NSPCL) –As Project Coordinator and as Assessor (November 2013-April 2014; BIMTECH)
- Orissa Public Enterprise Reform Project: As Project Director of Social Safety Net Program (SSNP) for conducting baseline employee survey, identifying training needs, providing counseling, retraining and redeployment services to over 10,000 redundant employees of state PSUs) in Odisha (2000-2004; KIIT University)..
- Counseling, Retraining and Redeployment Scheme, Government of India, Department of Public Enterprises- As Project Director of the Nodal Agency for Orissa, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand covering over 3000 rationalized employees of 8 Central PSUs(2002-2004; KIIT University).
- UNICEF funded International Internship programme for Writing Case studies on Knowledge Management related to Children Issues in Odisha-As Guide to four international interns from USA, Austria and India(June -August 2009; KIIT University).
- Mid-term Evaluation of Mother NGO Scheme under National Rural Health Mission(NRHM)-One Mother NGO and 7 Field NGOs in Sambalpur & Bargarh districts of Orissa- As Chief Consultant (2008-2009; KIIT University).
- Needs Assessment Study on Panchayati Raj Institutions in Dhenkanal and Jajpur Districts of Odisha for Interact Worldwide, London supported project on “Community Empowerment and Advocacy for Sustainable Health Care for People in Extreme Need in Orissa”- As Chief Consultant (2004-05)
- Needs Assessment Study on Communities in Dhenkanal and Jajpur Districts for Interact Worldwide, London supported project on “Community Empowerment and Advocacy for Sustainable Health Care for People in Extreme Need in Orissa”- As Chief Consultant (2004-05)
- Drought Appraisal in Orissa, sponsored by Catholic Relief Services(CRS), Orissa- As Chief Consultant (2004)
- Evaluation of Reproductive Child Health Programme implemented by My–Heart, a Mother NGO working for the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India( World Bank Supported Programme)- As Chief Consultant(2004)
- Impact Assessment of Redeployment of Redundant Employees of Orissa State Public Enterprises, sponsored by Adam Smith Institute, London( Through their Orissa Office) –As Chief Consultant(2002-2003)
- Pilot Staff Profile Survey of Redundant Employees of Orissa State Public Sector Enterprises sponsored by DFID through Government of Orissa- As Team Leader(2000, KIIT University)
- Beneficiary Assessment-Baseline, Process and Impact Study : Bhubaneswar Electrical Improvement Needful Action(BEINA) Project commissioned by DFID, British High Commission, New Delhi-As Team Leader(1997-2000; XIMB)
- Socio- economic Assessment of Power Sector Reform In Orissa, supported by ODA, British High Commission)-As Team Leader (1996-1997; XIMB).
- Establishing and Managing two Rural Hospitals in Rajasthan and Odhisha supported by USAID & Govt. of India -As Project Director (1990-1995; NISWASS).
- Pre-funding Appraisal, Program Evaluation of 8 Projects supported by CAPART, Government of India
- Facilitation of Annual Reviews/Workshops, Organizational Renewal(OR)/Organization Development(OD)-services provided to more than 2 dozens of NGOs, National & International organizations such as UNICEF/UNDP-Govt. of India supported Programs, USAID, DFID, CRS, Interact Worldwide, German Red Cross, KFW & Indian Red Cross Society in Orissa
MDPs /Training Conducted:
Conducted over 170 training/MDPs in the capacity of Course Director and/or Trainer on several topics of HR & OB for:
- Senior and middle level corporate executives of NTPC,NSPCL,NLC,NHPC,JSPL, JPL,IFFCO,NBCC,NIPM,RSP(SAIL), THDC, PowerGrid, GAIL, SJVN, FCIL,HZL, Uco Bank, Allahabad Bank, UNICEF, Indian Red Cross and several NGOs, about dozen of FDPs for management faculty. Recently, he has conducted Team building workshops for Senior executives of Jindal Shadeed, OMAN.
- VRS Employees( Both Senior and Junior level Managers) of Rourkela Steel Plant, Fertilizer Corporation of India, Konark TV, OSRTC, OTM, Oil Orissa, and other state PSUs of Odisha covered under PSU Reform Program supported by DFID for their re-skilling for redeployment after premature retirement.
- Executives from Indian Red Cross, CAPART, Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. Of India, Medical Officers from Govt. Of Odisha Heath Dept, NGOs, client organisations( NGOs) of International organizations such as DFID, Interact Worldwide, London, USAID, UNICEF, CRS, Adam Smith Institute, UNDP and Government of India UNICEF.
- A dozen of Faculty Development Program(FDPs) for management faculty.
iv) Conferences and Seminar Conducted: Conducted over 25 National Seminars and Conferences and 3 International Conferences/Global HR Submits as Conference Coordinator/Conference Chair etc. Recently as Conference Chair,I conducted an International Conference on Globalizing Management Education: Issues and Challenges for Industry and Academia at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on 5th & 6th of February,2011 which was attended by 28 international speakers and 168 delegates from 8 countries.
4. Awards/Scholarships: ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship(1995-1999);UGC’s National Eligibility Test(1989) for Lectureship and Research Fellowship for Doctoral Studies; Elvina The Luke Award from Delhi University(1989); National Rural Talent Scholarship(NRTS),& Merit Scholarships
24 Years-including 15 Years at Full Professor Level
- As Regular Faculty: Taught the courses such as HRM, OB, OD, Training & Development, Organization Structure & Design in MBA/PGD Programs & MSW/Rural Management Programmes at BIMTECH, ITS Institute of Management, Amity Business School, Amity University, Noida, IBAT/KIIT Business School-KIIT Deemed University, Bhubaneswar, Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, NISWASS, Bhubaneswar.
- As Visiting Professor/Key Note Speaker/ Trainer/ Member of the Team on Academic Exposure
- As Visiting Professor: Institute of Accountancy Arusha (IAA), Tanzania-an institution established and run by Government of Tanzania, Ministry of Finance- taught a 40 hours course on “Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior” in their MBA program run in collaboration with Coventry University, UK (March 2013)
- As Key Note Speaker: Delivered a Lecture on “Human Resource Development for Public Health Management” in an international Conference at University of Primorska, Slovenia- ( September, 2011)
- As a Corporate Trainer: Visited Jindal Shadeed, Oman for conducting management development programmes for their Senior Executives on “Team Building” (17 – 24 January 2015)
- Academic Exposure Visit: Visited University of Central Florida, Institute of Simulation and Training, Orlando, USA (on 26th June 2014) and got exposed to use of advanced Simulation Lab exercises and attended lectures.
- Taught OB & HRM Courses at Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, BJB (Autono.) College, Bhubaneswar, Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar IIPM, Bhubaneswar, IBAT, Bhubaneswar, IGNOU, Bhubaneswar Centre and Amity School of Distance Learning, Noida
- MDI, Gurgaon for Lectures on “Corporate Governance” in Management Development programs.
- Director, I.T.S –Institute of Management, Greater Noida
- Dean, KIIT School of Management, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
- Director(Academic) & Head of HR Area, AMITY Business School, Amity University, Noida
- Director & Head of HR Area, Amity Bhubaneswar Campus
- Team Leader & Teaching Member-PGDRM, Xavier Institute Of Management, Bhubaneswar(XIMB)
- Team Leader -Research & Training, CENDERET, Xavier Institute Of Management, Bhubaneswar(XIMB)
- Research Associate and Project Officer of a Research Project of Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, Delhi School of Social Work, Delhi University
- Chairperson, Centre for Management Development & Consultancy
Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Greater Noida
- Project Director, SSNP, a DFID Supported PSU Reform Project of Government of Odisha, KIIT/KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
- Program Manager, Institutional Development, CENDERET, Xavier Institute Of Management, Bhubaneswar(XIMB)
- Dy. Director(Project Planning) & Project Director of USAID supported Health Project, National Institute of Social Work & Social Sciences, Bhubaneswar
- Coordinator(Projects), BCT, IIHMR, Jaipur
Publications/ Papers written:
- Globalizing Management Education, Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi,2011(Co-author- Dr. .R.K.Mishra, Director, IPE, Hyderabad( ISBN: 978-81-8424-659-9)
- Corporate Governance: A Tool to Burst Financial Bubbles, Wisdom Publications, New Delhi, 2010 ISBN:978-81-98547-88-2), Co-author -Vishal Sagar.
- 2015: “ Impacts of Entrepreneurial Leadership Style on Business Performance of Female owned SMEs in Dar es salaam, Tanzania” by Tresphory Othumary Mgeni and Parameswar Nayak in Journal of Entrepreneurship and Management, Volume 4 Issue 2 June 2015. pp.39-50
- 2015: “Effectiveness of Learning Styles in Training and Development Programmes at Power management Institute of NTPC Ltd.”, by Parameswar Nayak( co-author-Atish Deepankar Nanda, published in the Book: Leveraging Human Factors for Strategic Change- An Organizational culture Perspective, edited by GD Sardana and Tojo Thatchenkery, Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd .pp.354 -367(ISBN No. 9789384898-57-1)
- 2013: “Branding of Classroom Training in Corporate- A Case Study of a Financial Services Company” by Parameswar Nayak ( Co-author- Sanjana Tyagi), accepted for publication by the International Journal IJICBM (Inderscience)
- 2013: “Branding the Training at Finfare Limited” by Parameswar Nayak & Sanjana Tyagi, published as a Chapter in the Book: Reframing Human Capital For Organisational Excellence, edited by GD Sardana and Tojo Thatchenkery, Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd .pp.278-292(ISBN No. 9789382563-40-2)
- 2012: “HR Strategies for Turnaround Management: A Case Study of Rourkela Steel Plant”, published in the International Journal of Business and Management Tomorrow(IJBMT), May 2012, Vol 2. No.5, by Parameswar Nayak (co-authored by Anchana Choudhury and Snigdha Tripathy).
- 2011: Paper titled “ Globalizing Management Education in India: Managing Unmanaged, published in the Book: Globalizing Management Education, Edited by Parameswar Nayak and Ram Kumar Mishra, Allied Publishers , New Delhi, PP.318-326( ISBN: 978-81-8424-659-9)
- 2009: Paper titled “Continuing Employee Relations After Public Sector Reform”, published in the Book:Partners in Success-Strategic HR and Entrepreneurship edited by Upinder Dhar, C.Gopalakrishnan and Nina Muncherji,pp. 31-41,Excel Books Publisher, New Delhi,2009( ISBN:978-81-7446-701-0)
- 2009: A Research paper titled “ Women in HR in Indian Corporate Sector”, was presented in the National Seminar on “Re-inventing HR & IR Vision in the New Economy”,29-30, July 2009 organized by Utkal University, Department of PMIR and an abstract of the Paper was published in its Souvenir.pp.43-44
- 2009: Abstract of the paper “Continuing Employee relations After Public Sector Reform”, published in the Proceedings of the NIRMA International Conference on Management(NICOM-2009),January 8-10,2009 p.75.
- 2006: Paper titled “Impact of Labor Restructuring and Social Safety Net for Rationalized Employees of Public Sector Enterprises”, published in the Book : Redeployment of Rationalized Employees: Strategies and Options edited by A. K. Rath and Chukka Kondaiah, NISIET, Hyderabad
- 2006: Human Face of Public Sector Reform, published in the Souvenir of Annual Global HR Summit,Amity Business School, Noida
- 2004-Social Safety Net for Displaced Workforce in Public Sector Enterprises, a paper published in the Souvenir , International Seminar on Employment Relations in Future & Future of Employment Relations, Published by Utkal University in association with Indian Industrial Relations Association, New Delhi(pp.16-24)
- 2003- Social Safety Net Through Entrepreneurship Development: An alternative Livelihood Option for Retirees from Public Sector Enterprises, published in the book –Entrepreneurship Development: Policies and Strategies edited by P.C Tripathy & S Maharana, 2003
- 1997-Use of Water sources in Orissa”, published by Anna University
- 1990-Water Balance and Conjunctive use of Water in Churu, Rajasthan, published by NAWDA.
- Book Reviewed: An Idiot Who Sold the Ship by -Vijay Walia, UNICON BOOKs Pub.,2010-The review published in its next edition
- Books under Publication: 2 books titled, Training & Development, and “Managing NGOs”(with preliminary agreement with PHI Publisher) are under publication. 25 papers written mainly on social development, Self-Employment Promotion and NGOs for seminar presentation are in the process of being published in national and international journals.