Professor Rahul Singh is Associate Professor in Strategic Management at Birla Institute of Management Technology. His teaching and research is in domain of Strategy, Emerging Market, Sustainability, and Financial Inclusion. Dr Singh is doctorate and Master’s in management from DAVV Indore, India. He has been Lecturer at Indian Institute of Finance, Delhi and Devi Ahilya University, Indore. Rahul is visiting professor to FH Joanneum University Austria and KEDGE Business School, France. Dr Singh has visited more than 20 universities globally and offered seminars on various research topics.
Prof. Singh has publications in national and international journals including Journal of Business Research, Journal of Brand Management, International Journal of Emerging Market, Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science, Journal of Applied Economic Research, Vision – Journal of Business Perspectives, International Journal of Cross Cultural Competence and Management, Asia Pacific Journal of Finance and Banking, Journal of Insurance and Risk Management. Receiver of several best research paper awards, he has been regular contributor in media and also published 2 books. He has also been editor of two journals and reviewer of several international journals.
Dr Singh has received research grants from many organisations including Bank for International Settlement, European Union and USAID. At national level, he has worked with few governments and financial regulator of India including drafting the Vision document of three states of India and drafting the market principles for Insurance regulator in India. Prof. Singh has served in many Non for Profit organisations and is active for righteous way to development.
|Ph.D.||Faculty of Management, Devi Ahilya University, Indore, 2005|
|Masters||Devi Ahilya University,Indore,1997|
- Emerging Markets and Business
- Emerging Market Multinationals
- Sustainable Development
- Financial Inclusion
- Corporate Sustainability
- Business Education
- A Study of Important Factors for the Performance Measurement of Third Party Logistics (3PL) Organizations in the Indian Logistics Industry, Manthan, IMS Journal Jan- Jun 2015. (with Smriti Asthana)
- Performance Framework in Third Party Logistics – A Cross National Literature Review – still under review process with International Journal of Logistics Management, (under review).
- Congruence between consumer, brand and store personality in luxury sector: the results of an international research on eleven Countries from four Continents, submitted to Psychology and Marketing (under review).
- Think Tanks, Research Influence and Public Policy in India, Vision – Journal of Business Perspectives, vol. 18. with (N N Sharma and Uday Jha, 2014).
- Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Brazil, Russia, India and China, International Journal of Business, Accounting and Finance, Volume 8, no 1. (with Malhotra D K, Lloyd Russow, 2014).
- Cross cultural analysis of comfort with foreign cultures (CFC) in multinational firms, International Journal of Cross Cultural Competence and Management (accepted for publication), (with Jain, V., 2014).
- Corporate Social Performance of Indian Multinational Manufacturing Companies, Amity Business Review. (with Kwatra P., 2014)
- Modeling links between the decision making process and luxury brand attachment: An international comparison, Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science, Vol. 23, No. 4, 361–378. (with Godey Bruno, et al, 2013).
- A Framework to Study Level of Comfort between Employees of Local and Foreign Cultures in Multinational Firms, International Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 8, No.4. (with Jain, V., 2013).
- Corporate Social Performance in Strategic Governance and Stakeholder Dimensions: Evidence of Indian Multinational Manufacturing Companies, Asia-Pacific Journal of Management Research and Innovation, Vol. 9 no. 3 239-248. (with Kwatra P, Patel G N., 2013).
- Brand and Country-of-Origin Effect on Consumers’ Decision to Purchase Luxury Products, Journal of Business Research, October 2012.
- Behavioural Pattern of FDI Inflows: Autoregressive Study, International Business Research; Vol. 5, No. 10; 2012.
- An Empirical Examination of Volatility Spillovers between Indian and US Swap Markets, International Journal of Emerging Markets, Vol 7, Iss:3, 2012.
- Detecting Data Errors and Inaccuracy: A Study on Indian FDI Inflows, Margin – Journal of Applied Economic Research, SAGE publication, Oct 2010. Information and Stock Market Volatility: A Study of SENSEX, Journal of Insurance and Risk Management, July 2005.
- Transmission of Volatilities between the Indian and U.S. Swap Markets, submitted to International Journal of Emerging Markets (under review), 2010.
- Does The Country of Origin of Brands Still Help to Sell Luxury Products in the World? An International Research Investigation on Consumers in 7 Countries, submitted to Journal of Business Research (under review), 2010.
- An International Perspective on Luxury Brand and Country of Origin Effect, Journal of Brand Management, vol. 16, numbers 5-6, March-May 2009, pp. 323-337.
- Impact of GATS Policy on Higher Education: A Perceptual Study of Stakeholders from Business Education, International conference, Szent Istavan University, December, Hungary, 2007.
- Higher Education and Gender and Demographic Impact, 2 chapters in the edited book, Implications for Learning and Teaching in A Globalized World, McMillan, 2007.
- India Insurance Report, MacMillan Publications, 2006.
- Bancassurance: Rest Assured, Chartered Financial Analyst, March, 2005.
- Presentations and proceeding publications in various national and international seminars.
Other Professional Engagements
- Founding Head, Office of International Affairs, BIMTECH
- Indian Institute of Finance, New Delhi.
- Institute of Management Studies, Devi Ahilya University, Indore.
- Visiting Professor FH Joanneum, University of Applied Science, Graz, Austria and KEDGE Business School, France
Achievements and Awards
- Best Research Paper Award for ‘Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in BRIC Countries’, NEDSI Annual Conference, Northeast Decision Sciences Institute, 2014.
- Distinguished Service Award, Birla Institute of Management Technology, 2012.
- Young Management Researcher Award, Association of Indian Management Scholars, conferred at annual conference at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad, 2011.
- Best Conference Paper Award, Global Marketing Conference in Japan, September 2010 on ‘Does The Country of Origin of Brands Still Help to Sell Luxury Products in the World? An International Research Investigation on Consumers in 7 Countries, 2010.
- Semi Finalist, Research Paper Grant for ‘Inclusive Financial Services- The Policy Paradigm’ Global Development Network, 2010.
- Gold Medal for Research Contribution, C D Foundation, Szent Istavan University, Hungary, 2007.
- Best Research Paper Award for ‘Indian Re-insurance Business and the Global Environment’, IPE India, 2002.
Encyclopedia and Cases
- Indian Business Process Outsourcing Industry, Encyclopedia of Emerging market, 2013 (with Dr Jagdish N Sheth).
- Tourism Industry in United Arab Emirates, Encyclopedia of Emerging Market, 2013 (with Dr Satwinder Singh).
- Vedanta: Corporate Sustainability, unpublished case study of Vedanta Corporation, 2012.
- Micro-finance Technology and Macro Business, unpublished case study of NET1, 2010.
- North India Metals, published at European Case Clearing House, 109-001-1, Brussels, 2009.
- Time Series Properties of Indian Swap Market, AIMS International Conference Proceedings, 2008.
- Jagdish N Sheth and Rahul Singh, Globalization of Indian multinationals: what lies ahead? in Handbook of emerging market multinational corporations, Edgar Publications, 2015.
- Asthana,S. and Singh, R., A Framework of Third party Logistics – A Cross National Literature Review, Global Supply Chain and Emerging Markets, Bloomsbury Publication, 2015.
- Singh, Rahul and Jitendra Mishra, Impact of GATS Policy on Higher Education: A Perceptual Study of Stakeholders from Business Education, International conference proceedings, Szent Istavan University, December, Hungary, 2007.
- Schmalzer, Thomas and Rahul Singh, Higher Education, Gender and Demographic Impact, Implications for Learning and Teaching in A Globalized World, McMillan, New Delhi, 2007.
- Singh Rahul, Reinsurance: Global Environment and Indian Challenges, in edited book ‘Insurance: Theory and Practices’ edited by Nalini P Tripathy and Prabir Pal, PHI, New Delhi, 2005.
- Singh, Rahul, Welfare of Derivatives in Emerging Economies, Proceedings of International Conference on Business and Finance, Volume III, ICFAI Press, Hyderabad, 2003.
Magazine and Newspaper Articles
- Is Vibrant Gujarat replacing World Economic Forum?, Business Today, January 20, 2015.
- Planning for ‘The Future Commission’, Economic Times and Business Standard, September 09, 2014.
- Five steps India must Take to Restore Global Confidence, Economic Times, September 10, 2013.
- Conscious Capitalism, Interview of Rajendra Sisodia, Business plus Markets, April 2012.
- B-schools Venture into Green Pasture, Interview by Financial Express, India, 4 October 2010.
- Hows and Whys of Product Innovation in Life Insurance, FORTE Insurance Journal, June 2008.
- India–Mergers and Acquisition Story Outside, Interviewed by Amsterdam Finance Association, 2007.
- Bancassurance: Rest Assured, Chartered Financial Analyst, March, 2005.
- Regular Columnist, Insurance Watch, a magazine for the financial sector, Dec 2002 to Feb 2004.
- Articles and references in Newspapers like Amar Ujala, Dainik Jagaran, and Hindustan on issues of market and sustainability, 2004.
- EU Research Grant, Erasmus Mundus, UNIQUE – University quality benchmark in EU, Africa and Asia, 2013-15.
- Research Grant, Pilot – National Ethics Survey for India at Workplace, Ethics Resource Centre, 2012.
- Think Tanks and Policy and Research Influence in India, India Policy Foundation, 2011. (with N N Sharma)
- Research Grant, Strategic Behavior of Incumbent Firms in India, Brunel University Research Grant, in partnership with Brunel University, 2011 (with Satwinder Singh).
- Research Grant, International Brand Perception Study, Ferragamo Plc, Italy, in partnership with Florence University, Italy, 2009 (with Daniele Pedrezoli, Bruno Godey, Raffaele Donvito).
- Research Grant, Principles of Micro Insurance Regulations: Indian Case Study, BIS funded through FINNMARK, 2009 (with Sanjay Sinha, MCRIL).
- Research and Consulting Grant, Insurance Certification Demand Mapping and LOMA contextualization, USAID, 2008.
- Research Grant, Cross Cultural Learning Styles in 3 Regions, European Union funded project, in partnership with FH Joanneum, Austria, 2005-07 (Gerhard Apfelthaler, Thomas Schmalzer, Martin Neubauer, Katrin Hansen, Anuradha and S Manikutty).
- Research Grant, Economic Benefits of Derivatives Market in India, APAD funded, 2003.
Conference Papers Presented
- Advancing Sustainable Human Resource Management in India, International Business Lunch, FH Joanneum University, Graz, 19 May 2015.
- International Business Panel on Building a Bridge between India and Styria, Graz, 20 May, 2015.
- Emerging Economies and Business Strategies, India Study Program, Birla Institute of Management Technology, 2015.
- Emerging Economies, Markets, Strategic Issues, Faculty Development Seminar, Birla Institute of Management Technology, April 2014.
- Emerging Markets, Multinationals and Reverse Strategies, Emerging Market Program for FHV Austria and ITESM Mexico, Birla Institute of Management Technology, Feb 2014.
- Market Entry Challenges in Mining Business in Emerging Market: A PESTEL Analysis on Vendanta Resources, Annual Conference of the Emerging Markets Conference Board, January 2014.
- Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Brazil, Russia, India, and China, International Academy of Business and Public Administration, January 2014.
- Emerging Markets and Business Model Shift in Supply Chain Management, International Conference on Supply Chain and Logistics Management, December 2013.
- Wonderchef HA- Managing Supply Chain, Case Study on Delivery Network Optimization, International Conference on Management Cases, December 2013.
- Barriers to Entry – An Empirical Investigation in the context of Indian Market, CEIBIEM conference, Brunel University, May 2013 (with Satwinder Singh, Keith Dickson).
- Health Systems in Emerging Markets, Seminar in University of Eastern Finland, September 2013.
- Business Frauds and Corporate Governance in Emerging Market- India, Seminar, India Policy Foundation, Delhi, July 2013.
- Corporate Social Performance of Indian companies’ Paper presented at the International Research Conference in CSR, Jamia Hamdard University, February, 2013.
- Corporate Social Performance of Indian Public Sector Units on Strategic Governance and Stakeholder Dimensions Matrix’ Paper presentation (absentia) at Annual International Research Conference in Sustainable Development, June 2012. (with Pratigya Kwatra)
- Does image-congruence enhance the purchase of luxury brands? Early development and international comparison s of a measurement scale for consumer/brand/store image-congruence, International Marketing Trends Conference 2012.
- Effectiveness of Institutional Inclusive Making: A Case of Sustainable Economic Development in India, Paper presentation (absentia) at Annual International Research Conference in Sustainable Development, June 2012. (with Sourabh Srivastava)
- EU India Business Partnership – Strategic Paper and Future Direction, International conference on EU-India Business Relations, International Relations Centre, University of Warsaw, 2012.
- Brand and Country-of-Origin Effect on Consumers’ Decision to Purchase Luxury Products, Global Marketing Conference at Seoul, 2012.
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Indian Business Practices, Industry Seminar, University of Slovak, Nitra, Slovak, 2011.
- A list of papers is not published …………….