Ms. Saloni Sinha is a gold medalist in Linguistics from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. She has qualified UGC-NET and is currently pursuing Ph D from JIIT, Noida. She has participated and published in several national and international forums and is a member of global professional bodies of her domain area like LSI, IAWE, ISTE etc.
With more than 15 years in the field of English with a Specific Purpose (ESP) in reputed organizations like JNU, MHRD, UGC, IGNOU, TERI University, Amity University, UPTU & Ranchi University, she has contributed in various domains of teaching, research, training as well as curriculum designing.
Ms. Sinha holds the coveted Dale Carnegie Certification for Communication Skills training and has also qualified Basic and Advanced Level Cambridge Teachers Certification. As an Expert Advisor in Commission for Scientific and Technical Terminology, MHRD, GOI, she contributes in analysing issues in Bilingualism and Semantics in development of bilingual glossary of technical terms.
Through her involvement in several NGOs, she always strives to motivate her students towards socially responsible behavior.
|Ph.D.||PhD in Linguistics from JIIT, Noida (Pursuing since 2013)|
|Masters||M.A.(Linguistics), CLE/SL, JNU in 1997|
|Bachelors||B.A.(Eng. Hons.) from IGNOU, 1994|
|Any Other Degree||UGC-NET(LINGUISTICS), 1998|
- ESP, Professional Communication & Technical Writing
- Language Laboratories, Developing innovative ELT teaching techniques, OBL modules
- Soft skills trainings, Training the trainers
- Blended Learning(ICT), Web 2.0, Web 3.0 Communication in ELT
- M-Education, Linguistic Empowerment
- Curriculum Development
- Employability skills, Capacity Building programs
- Glossary development
|Asst. Prof. III, Amity University Uttar Pradesh||JULY 2013-MAY 2014|
|Asst. Prof., & HOD (Prof. Comm.) GNIOT, Gr. Noida.||JULY, 2009 – JULY 2013|
|Lecturer, Jamshedpur Womens College, Jamshedpur. MAR.||2006 –JUL. 2009|
|Sr. Lect. & Incharge, IPEC, Sahibabad. AUG.||2003 – JAN. 2006|
|Lecturer & Incharge, AKGEC, Ghaziabad.||APRIL 2000-AUG.2003|
- Transcribed & collated Andamanese Language Audio data
Academic Awards & Achievements
- A+ in MA Thesis on SANTHALI LANGUAGE
- Nominated for JHARKHAND YOUNG ACADEMICIAN AWARD for promising work in JWC, Jamshedpur.
- Dale Carnegie –ISTE & Cambridge Advance Level Certification by MISSION 10X, WIPRO.
Other Professional Experience
- Expert Advisor, COMMISSION FOR SCIENTIFIC &TECHNICAL TERMINOLOGY, GOVT. OF INDIA, MHRD Project for English to Hindi Glossary development.
- Consultant (Santhali), Rainbow Dictionary, JHARKHAND TRIBAL MINISTRY.
- Designed the current syllabus for UGC ADD-ON Courses on FUNCTIONAL ENGLISH for Ranchi University.
- Designed the Communication Skills Practicum for MA-SDP, at TERI UNIVERSITY, New Delhi.
- Proposed Communication Skills Module for PGDM & M Sc program of Indian Institute of Public Health, PUBLIC HEALTH FOUNDATION of INDIA, New Delhi.
- Conducted a Capacity Building Workshop for teachers on Blended Learning at JAMIA MILLIA UNIVERSITY, Delhi.
- External expert- Ansal University, Symbiosis International University, UPTU
- Designed Business English Syllabus for PGDM, GNIOT, Gr. Noida.
- Editor & Reviewer, EKANSH –a national multidisciplinary Journal
- Regular ELT column in a fortnightly magazine. (forthcoming)
- Corporate Trainings- ESCOSOFT, ESCOTEL, HONDA, YAMAHA etc.
Paper presented at International/ National Conferences :
- Presented a paper on “Semantic and Bilingual issues in M-education In India in” MAG/I/C-2014, UPES, Dehradun.
- Participated in National Seminar on Pedagogy in Literature and Language Teaching at AMITY, UP.
- Presented and published a paper on “ICT: Innovative Classroom Practices: Student Participation in ELT Classrooms” at 10th International ASIATEFL, New Delhi.
- Presented & published a paper on “Agreement pattern in Santhali” at International Linguistics Conference in DU.
- Presented & published a paper on “Two case studies on Language maintenance & Shift” at Punjabi University, Patiala, at the 20th All India Conference of Linguist.
- Presented & published a paper on “Agglutinative patterns of Santhali” at 21st All India Conference of Linguists at Aligarh Muslim University.
- Presented & published a paper on “Role of Educational Technology in Professional Education: an elusive art of teaching” in National Seminar organized by NUEPA, NCTE at Jamshedpur Women’s College.
- Presented in National Seminar cum Exhibition on “Need for Vocational Education & Training in Jharkhand” organized by NIFFT, Ranchi, MHRD & Govt. of JHARKHAND.
- Presented a paper on “E-inclusion & educated women empowerment” at CSI National Conference on Role of ICT in Inclusive & Sustainable National Development at GNIOT.
- Participated in “National Technology Day Function 2013” event by FICCI, New Delhi.
- Participated in FICCI -ADB Annual GBM Seminars on “Innovation for inclusion”, “Jobs and Skills in the 21st Century” , “Collaborative Inclusion”.
- Participated in a seminar by Pearson Education “Better Graduates for a Better tomorrow”.
- Organsed a National Seminar on “UG level Technical Education – A future perspective” at AKGEC, Ghaziabad.
- Attended HCL-BCL LearnENG Studio -SANAKO Orientation at HCL, Noida.
- Participated in Orientation Course on Effective Classroom Teaching Techniques sponsored by AICTE and organized by QIP center, IIT, Roorkee.
- Attended Workshop on “Effective Communication” organized by FICCI & Jharkhand Chamber of Commerce.
- Participated in FDP on “Negotiating & Selling Skills” at AIT, Gr. Noida
- Organized & participated in certification program “A Course on Human Values: Training for Trainers” at UPTU & MTU.