Sanjiva Shankar Dubey
- Prof Sanjiva Shankar Dubey is Professor of IT Strategy and Management at BIMTECH. He teaches courses such as Business Innovation and Growth strategies, Technology Management, Information Systems amongst others.
- Before joining BIMTECH he was a visiting Professor for over 25 years with leading B-Schools such as XLRI Jamshedpur. IIM Lucknow and Noida campus, IIM Indore, Mumbai and Dubai campus, FMS Delhi University, IIIT Delhi and few others in Information Systems area. He taught courses such as IT Strategy, Management Information Systems, Technology Management, E Business Model, Supply Chain Management, etc. As visiting Professor he taught over 40 batches covering more than 3000 students
- As prolific author, he has authored Eight books and 50+ research publications/conference presentations. His newspaper column on current affairs under a pen name was much sought after during 2013-14.
- He had full time Industry career for over 35 years with leading companies like IBM and Tata Steel where he spent most of his career.
- The last assignment with IBM was as Asia Pacific Service Delivery head IBM internal IT infrastructure. He was also Project Executive Bharti Airtel IBM outsourcing project (India, Srilanka, Bangaldesh, Channel island) for mobile phone business which is 95% of Airtel business. His team supported Airtel’s exponential business growth from 6 Million subscriber to over 200 million in 5 years, launched 14 Circles, 40 new cities/towns and 3 countries operations over 5 years. He was the first Principal and country leader of IBM Consulting group who led to establish IBM Consulting foot print in India by executing 55 Business and IT Transformation Consulting in as many months.
- He also turned around two mid size companies as Chief Executive Officer – Raffles Software and Bhilwara Infotech.
- Briefly he was also General manager Mainframe Division HCL Technology
- He started his career in Tata Steel as Graduate Trainee recruited from campus and rose to become Deputy Divisional manager of IT services.
Prof Dubey obtained his PGDBM in Systems and Finance from XLRI and B Tech in Mechanical Engineering specializing in Industrial Engineering from NIT both at Jamshedpur. He obtained extensive executive education at Cornell, IBM Executive college at La Hulpe Belgium and Singapore, Tata Management Development centre, NCST Mumbai. While at Tata Steel he obtained PG Diploma in Steel Plant Operations from SNTI, Jamshedpur .
- In IBM he was Member of IBM Academy of Technology, Certified Management Consultant and Certified Project Executive and ITIL Certified Professional. He received several awards such as Best People Manager of the year, Member of 100% club at several occasions for his key achievement as Business leader.
- He is also a Member of Nasscom 1000+ Start up mentoring panel, National MEPSC (MANAGEMENT & ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS COUNCIL) NOS Committee
- He was selected by Business Today as amongst 25 Thought Leaders of the millennium (2000) .
- His book Innovation with IT was given the first prize by ISTD a leading training and development body in India (2009)
Prof Dubey specializes in Management Education and consultancy to enable organizations and students in strategic applications of IT choosing right strategy and implementation approach. He advises on business innovation & scaling up strategies for IT related business.
His workshops with top leaders for defining IT vision of the organization has been a huge success attended by who’s and who of Industry.
Lately he has chosen to mentor startups and budding youngsters as part of Nasscom 1000 startup initiatives.
His industry focus has been wide and diverse covering Manufacturing (both process, discreet and automobile), Telecom and IT services.