Professor and Area Head – Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Sunil’s passions are Innovation, Creativity and Strategy. He has almost 30 years of rich C-Suite experience across functions and sectors. He has worked/consulted with leadingorganisations in India and the Middle East such as EXIM Bank of India, World Bank, LMW, OMZEST, Future Group, the Future Group and Essar to name a few. He has played multiple stints as an entrepreneur and has led the most successful IPO ever, in the Indian media industry, with subscriptions exceeding US $ 1 billion – book built by Merrill Lynch. Sunil has co-designed and facilitated a Design Thinking workshop with Prof. SrikantDatar of Harvard Business School which included participation by senior faculty members from leading B-Schools and senior executives from the corporate sector in India. Sunil has been a keynote speaker at a NHRDN (the most respected nationallevel HRD association in India) summit with ‘Building Diversity – Driving Innovation’ as the theme, and a faculty and mentor for the Goldman Sachs ’10,000 Women Entrepreneurs Program’. He offers Consulting, Training and Coaching services in the areas of Innovation, Creativity, Design Thinking and Strategy.
|Masters||Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow, 1988|
|Bachelors||Economics (Honours), Panjab University, Chandigarh, 1985|
- Design Thinking and Innovation
Other Professional Experience
Sunil has almost 30 years of multi sector corporate experience across banking, media & entertainment, manufacturing and consulting. He has worked across functions ranging from sales, marketing, financial appraisal, financial control & management, fund raising, investor relations and strategy management (formulation, alignment and execution). He has worked / consulted with organizations such as The Export-Import Bank of India, The World Bank, ITC Ltd., Reliance ADAG, Moser Baer, LMW, European Economic Commission, Abhishek Industries Ltd., Balanced Scorecard Collaborative, the Future Group and The Aditya Birla Group, amongst others.
He has played two entrepreneurial roles; first, as the co-founder of Interstrat Export Consultants, a Mumbai based boutique strategy consulting firm that continues to service clients both in India and overseas; and the second, at Cinevistaas Ltd., in its transition from a partnership firm to a listed company, with the distinction of issuing the most successful IPO in the Indian media and entertainment sector, ever.
His third entrepreneurial role is in the form of a consulting practice for offering cutting-edge consulting services to companies in the areas of Design Thinking, Innovation, Creativity and Strategy.
Achievements and Awards
- Balanced Scorecard Collaborative (under the thought and practice leadership of Kaplan and Norton of Harvard Business School); 2006
- Arthur D. Little in International Business Strategy at Boston, USA; 1990
- Exponential Innovation; VivekWadhwa of Singularity, Stanford & Carnegie Mellon Universities; Houston, USA; 2016
- HassoPlattner Institute – in Design Thinking at Potsdam, Germany (sister institute of d.school at Stanford University); 2014
- The LUMA Institute – In Design Thinking at Pittsburgh and San Francisco, USA; 2014
- LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method facilitation at Milan, Italy; 2015
- Kirton Adaption-Innovation (KAI) Theory and Inventory at Blacksburg, USA; 2015
- Holacracy Practitioner Training by Brian Richardson at Seattle, USA; 2016
- Design Thinking for Growth, Darden Business School, University of Virginia, USA; 2016
- Exponential Growth; Peter Diamandis and Singularity University; 2015 & 2017
- Awarded the Case Workshop certificate by the European Case Clearing House (ECCH); New Delhi; 2009
- Awarded the National Talent Search Examination Scholarship by NCERT; 1982