About Business Perspectives
Business Perspectives, a Bi-Annual Journal, provides a platform to scholars, researchers, practicing managers and academia to present their views, research findings and share their experiences.
Besides, it disseminates information about the current practices and development in education and research in the field of management, economics, commerce, and other allied areas.
Unpublished Papers, based on recent research and analysis of changes in management practices, policies and their configurations are solicited from authors.
A section on Book reviews, notes, cases, memoranda and communications for comments, opinions etc. is kept open for frank exchange of views and free debate. Reviewed articles also get space in this section.
Papers submitted for publication in Business Perspectives are sent to outside experts for blind review. Editorial decision is final.
Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH)
BIMTECH, situated at Greater Noida in National Capital Region, was established in 1988 under the aegis of the Birla Academy of Art and Culture and is supported by B.K. Birla Group of companies. BIMTECH is engaged in delivering research, academic programmes at master’s and doctoral level, training and consulting to corporates and other organizations. BIMTECH has partnership with 40 foreign universities and organizations and is signatory of Responsible Business Education with PRME and UN Global Compact. It has been ranked in the top 10 private business schools of India and has come to be regarded as a premier institution to deliver quality education and impart values. There is a focus on fundamentals, respect for the individuals and a seriousness of purpose. This is reflected in various dimensions: interface with corporates, partnership with educational institutions of repute at international levels, building intellectual capabilities, initiatives in areas of societal concern, and strong cultural affinities.
Guidelines for Authors
GUIDELINES FOR THE AUTHORS
1. Business Perspectives solicits unpublished research papers from academicians and practitioners, engaged in various management and allied fields of knowledge, which would advance understanding, provide explanation, promote knowledge and research. Cases in different areas of economics, finance, HRD, marketing, general management, IT, globalization, investment, trade, etc. are also invited.
2. Authors should send two copies of the manuscript, using standard software package MS-Word in 2 separate CDs. The text should be double spaced with generous margins. The author’s name should not appear anywhere on the body of the manuscript to facilitate the review process. The manuscript should be accompanied by an abstract (in about 150 words) keywords should be provided which cover the principal topics of the paper (6-8 keywords) and a brief biographical sketch of the author(s) on separate sheets. The authors may indicate their specialization also. The authors should send a declaration stating that the paper has neither been published nor will it be submitted elsewhere till the editorial decision from Business Perspectives has been communicated.
3. All tables, charts and graphs should be prepared on separate sheets. They should be numbered continuously in Arabic numerals as referred to in the text. Wherever necessary, the source should be indicated at the bottom of tables/charts. Numbers and complexity of such exhibits should be kept to the minimum. All charts and graphs should be drawn cleanly and legibly. All figures (Charts, Diagrams, and Line Drawings) images should be submitted in electronic form. They should be of clear quality, in black and white and numbered consecutively. Tables and figures should contain self-explanatory titles, footnotes; italics, and quote marks should be kept to the minimum. Tables should be typed and included as part of the manuscript. They should not be submitted as graphic elements. Lengthy statistical tables must not be included in the text but placed at the end as appendix. (source must be mentioned under the table)
4. While submitting the research paper, authors are requested to ensure that the following have been taken into consideration and specified wherever necessary:
- The purpose of the study and the prospective readers for whom the paper/article has been prepared.
- The significance of the contribution.
- Approach, context and background to the paper should be explained properly and references should be included as specified in 6 below.
- Policy implications of the study and the identification of future areas of work in the field may be specified.
- The paper should be structured so that it is presented in a clear and logical manner.
5. The Editor-in-Chief reserves the right to modify and otherwise improve the manuscripts to meet the journal’s standards of content, presentation and style. Authors may also be requested to revise their manuscripts, if necessary, before the papers are accepted for publication.
6. The following format should be used for referring books, articles in journals, electronic documents etc:
Reference in the text: (Abrahamovitz, M., 1965); (Sinha, A.K., 1994)
Reference in the list of references- Only such titles should be included in the references, which have already been referred in the text.
Abrahamovitz , M. (1965). Output and Productivity Trends in US Economy from 1901 to 1956. American Economic Review, (88)2, 110-122.
Ravallion, M. (2007). Transfer and Safety nets in poor countries: Revisiting the trade offs and policy options. In V. Abhijit, R. B. Banerjee, & D. Mukherjee (Eds.), Understanding poverty (pp. 203-230). Oxford University Press
Pawlak, Z. (1991). Rough sets: theoretical aspects of reasoning about data. Norwell, MA : Kluwer Academic Publishers.
Geddes, K.O., Czapor, S.R., & Labahn, G. (1992). Algorithms for Algebra. Boston: Kluwer Publishers.
JOURNAL ARTICLE (online, on a web site)
Outbreak news. (2001, February 23). Weekly Epidemiological Record, (76), 57-64. Retrieved February 28, 2001 from http://www.who.int/wer/pdf/2001/wer7608.pdf
MAGAZINE ARTICLE (from an online database)
Ulrich, T. (1997, September 22). Linking an Amish hereditary disease with cerebral palsy, a pediatrician challenges a dark inheritance. Time, 150, 30-33. Retrieved March 1, 2001 from InfoTrac/Expanded Academic ASAP database
7. In case of more than one author of a cited study in the paper, et. al may be used in the text. But the names of all authors of such studies have to be included in the list of references at the end of the text. Abbreviations have to be avoided.
8. The Editor-in-Chief reserves the full and unfettered right and the sole discretion to accept or refuse an article for publication; he is under no obligation to assign reasons for his decision.
All copyrights are with Business Perspectives. The author(s) are accountable for copyright permissions for any part of the content of their articles. The views expressed in the articles of the journal are those of the Author(s) and do not reflect the opinion of the institute or editors. Author(s) are required to sign the ‘Transfer of Copyright’ agreement before article is published in the journal.
The Articles/ Research Papers are to be sent to
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Papers
Business Perspectives focuses on the objective of stimulating research and encouraging high level intellectual investigation of un-explored facets of Business and economy with a view to take publishing of research and thought into the next orbit. The basic purpose is to encourage applied rather than pure theoretical research; intent is to bring problems and challenges of entirely new genre that are dogging the modern industry in the emerging market economies and the world economy at large into the purview of research. The outcomes of research are presented in a lucid and understandable style.
The Editor of “Business Perspectives”, a peer-reviewed bi- annual international journal of BIMTECH, is pleased to invite you to submit Research Paper/Conceptual and Methodological Note/Article/Case Study/Book Reviews for publication in any functional area of Management Science in our journal. The Journal is soliciting contributions from eminent researchers and business leaders representing top twenty five percent of Business schools and Universities from India and the world. The journal provides a platform for high quality, original, innovative, methodological and empirical research in Business Economics, Management, IT, Sustainable development and Allied Sciences (Statistics, Mathematics-applied, Psychology, Social Transformation and Business). Papers dealing with empirical aspects of business in South Asian and emerging market economies of the world will be preferred. Further the journal also publishes high quality papers dealing with trans-disciplinary and multi- disciplinary aspects.
Papers for publication are selected through multiple-peer reviews to ensure originality, relevance, and readability. Our endeavor is to make Research papers/articles publishable hence we send all papers to a panel of eminent Reviewers from diverse fields /areas. Research Papers/Articles received will be put before the editorial board for preliminary screening. The Preliminary screening process of the papers usually takes about 1-2 weeks. Short-listed papers will then be sent to two reviewers for a blind review with a request to return the same in 4-5 week’s time or less. An effort is made to publish a recommended paper within a period of six months. Correspondence for revision, if any, and proofs for correction will be sent to the first author unless otherwise specified. The article/paper will be published after receipt of the corrected manuscript from the author.
The decision may be one of the four types like accepted without revision, accepted with major/minor revisions, rejection, revision and resubmission after the preliminary screening.
Researchers, Academicians, Professionals, Practitioners and Scholars are invited to send their contribution to “Business Perspectives” directly to the editor at the below mentioned email address.
You may send one copy of your research paper/article in the form of MS Word file attached to an E-mail to: email@example.com
Simplify the tax rules to make it a success
Agriculture is a subject that gets least priority in management studies
Employees’ Turnover Intention in Indian Retail Industry- An Exploratory Study
Time Varying Volatility in the Indian Stock Market
Factors Affecting Growth of Medical Tourism in India: An Exploratory Factor Analysis
Surging India- Thoughts That Inspire
BUSINESS PERSPECTIVES BI-ANNUAL JOURNAL OF BIMTECH
Business Perspectives Vol.15, No.1 (January – June 2016)
Business Perspectives Vol.14, No.2 (July – December 2015)
Business Perspectives Vol.14, No.1 (Jan – June 2015)
Business Perspectives Vol.13, No.2 (July – December 2014)
Business Perspectives Vol.13, No.1 (Jan – June 2014)