A student team from our college consisting of two students from PGDM 09-11 batch, Vidyut Perti and Aekansh Jain participated in ‘ABHYUDAYA ’11 ‘, the annual B-school Fest of IFMR Chennai.
They were selected in the finals of two events after a tough preliminary round.
The 1st event was “Chakravyuh – a strategic management cum Simulation competition”. It involved the 6 finalists bidding for 6 industries. Each team was provided with an initial capital of Rs. 10 Lakhs. After this the teams had to also bid for the Raw Materials which were then supposed to be converted to Finished Products. There were consumers who were given points for buying various products from these teams. So the teams along with the above processes, they also had to convince the consumers to buy from them. In total, the entire event consisted of 12 rounds and lasted for 5 straight hours.
In the end our team from BIMTECH came 1st after beating teams from IIM, DMS IIT DELHI, NITIE, WELINGKAR. The prize money won by our students was Rs. 20,000.
The 2nd event was “Yaksh Prashn – A Quizzing event”. Again there were 6 finalists and 6 rounds. Our team stood 3rd beating 2 teams from NMIMS. The different rounds tested the students on topics ranging from general to business to sports and even to Indian Mythology. The quiz was organized by IQL a reputed Quiz organizer across India.
Wasif Mukhtar of batch 2008-10 got Best Student in Management Award, for Paper Presentation at International Conference namely “Emergent Business Models and Strategies for Knowledge Economy: Impact on Businesses, Government and Society” in 17th Annual B-School Affaire organized by IBA Bangalore. Incidentally, he was also the 1st prize winner in Pratibamb 08-Paper presentation Competition organized by WIPRO & ICFAI Bangalore
BIMTEH’s Biztech team comprising Amit Kumar Jha, Ayush Palod and Deepak M Thomas, was among 5 out of 25 participating B-School teams across India, who were selected for the Finals of An Hour Till Nirvana at IMT Ghaziabad’s Annual Management Fest ‘Passion 09’ held on 31st October, 2009. Among the finalists were ISB Hyderabad, NITIE Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, IMT Ghaziabad, and BIMTECH, Greater Noida. In the finals, the teams were given an ‘On-the-spot case analysis’ of “Systems Case study based on ICICI’s Internet Banking Model during the term 1997-2003 and 2003 till date” for solution and presentation within an hour and BIMTECH’s team bagged the first prize.
Saumil Singh, Sudipto Das, Wasim Sheikh, Ravi Agarwal, Shantanu Seth and Raju Mohan C. Were awarded the third prize in an event on “Implementation of Google Apps”, organized by Google and FMS, Delhi. The event was called “Got the Apptitude”. This was a national event and the participants were from engineering and management institutes from all over the country.
The 2009 theme of the “Sitaram-Rao Livelihoods India Case Study Competition”, organized by Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon and ACCESS Development Services, a not-for-profit company, was “Making Markets Work for the Poor”. The case study of Parul Aggarwal, Priyanka Raina, Sanghamitra Panigrahi and Parul Kapoor titled “TATA-AIG’s Innovative Distribution Model – Extending Micro-Insurance to Rural India” made it to the Top-10. They were invited to Hotel Taj Palace, New Delhi to participate in the Microfinance India Summit 2009, where they were also awarded a citation for their case study on October 28, 2009.
Arjun Mathur, Sita Mahtani and Aman Dada were the proud Winners of a National Level B-School marketing research competition held by Uniball, a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Pencils Ltd. The objective of this research project was to develop an effective and efficient distribution channel for their Uniball pens. They defeated teams from IIM Kozhikode, Narsee Monjee, ICFAI Hyderabad, LIBA, XIMB, K J Somaiya, GIM and many more. A total of 10 winners were chosen, BIMTECH being one along with teams from IIM Lucknow, IIM Kozhikode and FMS Delhi.
Rahul Dawra and Shivani Arora won the second prize in the business plan competition “Genesis”, organized as part of the annual intercollege
management fest of Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida on 4th November 2009. Their plan is about setting up “Rise n Shine Sports Management Firm” with a combined objective of inclusive growth of athletes and acting as an inexpensive tool of promotion for the corporates. Around 20 teams from various B-Schools participated in the event.
Nivesh was the Equity Research competition as part of Udaan’09, the annual fest of Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida. The participants were required to choose any particular sector of their interest and then select a company for further analysis. The research report was supposed to give a long term outlook (1 year perspective) with a Buy / Sell recommendation on the stock of that particular company. The finalists were required to make a presentation before the panel of judges. Amitava Banik fromBIMTECH was the Runner up in the competition. The company he chose for his research was Blue Star Limited in the Consumer Products sector. Apart from academics the students showed their multifaceted abilities in other fields as well.
“RAZZMATAZZ” the BIMTECH dance group formed by the fusion of Avneet Setya’s western dance group and Rishi Puri’s punjabi dance group had participated in the inter B-School fest organized by IMT, Ghaziabad and won the second prize. In spite of seven other participants including the host team, the college team got a huge round of applause as they managed to get the crowd on their feet.
In an AD-MAD SHOW organized by Asia Pacific Institute of Management, Vishal Arora bagged the 2nd prize. In a poster making competition, organized by UPNEDA and BIMTECH, Priyanka Raina and Pallavi Jain were awarded the 2nd prize. In a rangoli-making competition at the annual fest of Jaipuria Institute of Management, Sheenam Jain and Vibhuti Mahajan won the 1st prize. This impressive line-up aptly demonstrates the diverse talent pool in BIMTECH and proves their competence in their chosen fields.
- Pan-India Business Plan Competition,2008 conducted by (LIBA), IDG Ventures and The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE): ranked 2nd best team out of288 teams from all premium B-schools of India.
- The mai Bangkok Business Challenge @ Sasin 2009: Selected among the 16 semi-finalsits among he 64 competing teams from 23 countries/ Special Administrative Region representing 5 continents.
- ICFAI Chandigarh: Ranked 1st in the diffusion of Inovation business plan competition.
- Tata Institute of Social Science, Mumbai B-lan competiton, 008: Ranked among the four best teams out of all premium B-schools of India; one project out of these four has been undertaken by the Government of India.
- International Entrepreneurship Challenge (EC) 2008 conducted by FMS Delhi: Grabbed the owner of being among six best business ideas out of 347 teams
- IIM Indore’s Sanjeevani, B-plan Competiton, 2008: Ranked among top 10 best teams out of 182 Teams from all premium B-schools of India.
- Selected for the Regional Round of Srijan 2009, business plan competition organized by IWSB.
Young Managers’ HR Quiz based on nitty grittiest of HR was organized by The National Human Resource Development Network, Delhi Chapter. The winning team comprised of Prachee Sehgal from Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida and Uma Iyer from Nokia.
Student research paper that won Best paper award in a national conference:
Mathangi, J., Chauhan, K., Gupta, J. and Dey, A. K. 2010. Organisational Culture: OCTAPACE profiling of BIMTECH. Presented at Third Global Forum on Emotional Intelligence and Leadership at TISS, Mumbai on 5th & 6th March (Won BEST PAPER Award)
Cases based on summer projects accepted for presentation at International Conference on Business Cases 2010, Dec 2 & 3, 2010, to be organized jointly by School of Public Policy, George Mason University, Virginia (USA) and Institute of Management Education, Ghaziabad ( India):
- Sweta Agarwal: Introduction of Concierge Service in Vadodara
- Stabak Ghosh: Smart Card Payment System: A Driver of Financial Inclusion
- Mansi Misra: Buying Residential Apartments in NCR: A Case of Three Destinations & Three Builders
Research Papers based on summer projects accepted for presentation at International Conference and Colloquium 2010, September 27,28, 2010, to be organized jointly by Indian Institute of Management, Indore and and Universiti Tun Abdul Razak, Malaysia:
- Vignesh R: Value at Risk – MATLAB Application of Copulas on US and Indian Markets
- Natara K: “R&D Intangible Valuation – Integrating Monte Carlo & Real Options and Fund Allocation Process through AHP : Focus on Public Funded Research Organizations in India”
- Vignesh R: Epanechnikov Kernel Estimation of Value at Risk
Cases based on summer projects accepted for presentation at International Case Conference 2010, November 16-18, 2010, to be organized by Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur (India):
- Mahendra Rathi: Govindam Developers Pvt. Ltd.: The Liquidity and Fund Crunch
- Urvashi Dabas: Managing Interest Rate Risk at Smart Finvest Ltd.
Cases based on summer projects accepted for presentation at International Conference on Business Cases 2010, Dec 2 & 3, 2010, to be organized jointly by School of Public Policy, George Mason University, Virginia (USA) and Institute of Management Education, Ghaziabad (India):
- Vignesh R: Technofab Engineering Ltd.: The Pricing Challenge
- Natara K: Central Leather Institute: Literal Value of CAACO Technology
- Natara K: Central Leather Institute: Colagens from Bio-Waste Technology
Research Papers based on short-term projects accepted for presentation at International Conference on Banking & Finance 2010, March 12-13, 2010, organized by ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad:
- Vignesh R, Jyoti Dabas, and Aditi Kumar: Performance Evaluation of Mutual Funds in India: An In-depth Risk Return Analysis
- Natara K, Sone Kanwar, Malvika Gupta: Improvising Portfolio Value at Risk Using Filtered Historical Simulation
- Wasif Shah, Nataraj K, Sweta Agarwal: Options Mispricing in Indian Derivative Markets: A Multiple Models Application Framework
Vijayvargiya, A. & Dey, A. K. 2010. An analytical approach for selection of a logistics provider.Management Decision Vol. 48 No. 3, pp. 403-418
Agarwal, S. & Dey, A. K. 2010. Perception Mapping of Travelers: Case of Six Indian Domestic Airlines.American Journal of Economics and Business Administration 2 (2): 141-146, ISSN 1945-5488
Research Paper based on summer projects accepted for presentation in Global Finance Conference organized by Global Finance Association and Poznan University of Economics, Poland held during June 27-30, 2010 in Poland (Europe):
Wasif Mukhtar Shah: Phased Investment Planning: Applying Real Options Valuation to a Small Manufacturing Firm
Case study based on summer projects accepted for presentation at the International Conference organized by Eastern Academy of Management, USA during May 12-15, 2010 in Portland, Maine, USA:
Wasif Mukhtar Shah: All in Smoke Ltd.: Valuing A Private Firm Research Papers based on summer projects accepted for presentation in international conference organized by APORS 2009 (Asia Pacific Operations Research Society) held during December 27,28, 2009 in Jaipur, India:
- Wasif Mukhtar Shah: Valuation of Closely Held Firms: Application of Monte Carlo Simulation
- Neelam Mundhra: Options Mispricing in Indian Derivative Markets: An In-depth Analysis with BSOPM
Case study based on summer projects accepted in a case writing competition jointly organized by Indian School of Business, Hyderabad and Richard Ivey Business School, Canada to be held in August 27, 2010 in New Delhi, India:
Wasif Mukhtar Shah: Valuing A Private Firm: A Case of ITC Ltd.
The following abstracts have been accepted for developing full cases for presentation at the International Conference on Business Cases (ICBC 2010):
- ‘Case of Employee Engagement and Gratification in the Hospitality Industry’ Stuti Pathania and Manosi Chaudhuri
- ‘A Case of Knowledge Management and Learning Organization’ Pallavi Banerjee and Manosi Chaudhuri
- ‘Case Study on the Effect of HR Practices at SMC Insurance Brokers Pvt. Ltd.’ Shiva P Kakkar, Sudhanshu Shekhar and Manosi Chaudhuri